A Different Style of Manland

Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

So, the idea here, is that we have enemy color dual lands which are also manlands. The activation ability to turn them into manlands, though, requires the color which is an ally to both colors it taps for. So, for the land, it requires to activate that ability. Anywho:

Preternatural Wastes
Land R
Preternatural Wastes enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or .
2U: Until end of turn, Preternatural Wastes becomes a 0/5 blue Djinn creature with flying and hexproof. It's still a land.
Render
Show
Hide

Truculent Ravine
Land R
Truculent Ravine enters the battlefield tapped.
1B: Until end of turn, Truculent Ravine becomes a 3/1 black Horror creature with deathtouch and "This creature can't block." It's still a land.
Render
Show
Hide

Grievous Catacombs
Land R
Grievous Catacombs enters the battlefield tapped.
4RR: Until end of turn, Grievous Catacombs becomes a 4/4 red Devil creature with first strike and menace. It's still a land.
Render
Show
Hide

Inviolable Highlands
Land R
Inviolable Highlands enters the battlefield tapped.
4GG: Until end of turn, Inviolable Highlands becomes a 4/4 green Giant creature with trample and vigilance. It's still a land.
Render
Show
Hide

Empyrean Fountain
Land R
Empyrean Fountain enters the battlefield tapped.
2WW: Until end of turn, Empyrean Fountain becomes a 2/2 white Angel creature with flying and lifelink. It's still a land.
Render
Show
Hide

Lastly, artist credits
Show
Hide
All these pieces of art were found on deviantart, links to the particular pages where individual images were found are given below:
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Neat. Only thing to mess with here is maybe the stats, and also I'd recommend none of the animation costs had double colored requirements since these are supposed to be played in tricolor decks...
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

I think my thoughts parallel those mentioned by [mention]void_nothing[/mention] somewhat. I think the idea is clever, but in execution some of the abilities seem significantly better than others. I think Empyrean Fountain is a really solid implementation of this idea! (With the slight caveat that the 2ww activation cost might be a bit more demanding than is ideal).
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”