Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Card of the Day 2021-04-04 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Founder's Debate {6}
Sorcery — Lesson (M)
Choose one —
• Search your library for up to two legendary Elder Dragon cards with different names, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.
• Put up to two legendary Elder Dragon permanent cards with different names from your hand onto the battlefield.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Aww yes. This is exactly what I would want a mythic Lesson to look like. The one thing I would change would be to make it function only if you could find/put onto the battlefield both cards, because two people have to show up for it to be a debate, but that rewording would probably require a lot more words.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Aww yes. This is exactly what I would want a mythic Lesson to look like. The one thing I would change would be to make it function only if you could find/put onto the battlefield both cards, because two people have to show up for it to be a debate, but that rewording would probably require a lot more words.
Great that this makes for a good mythic Lesson. I am going to disagree on the change. Gameplay trumps flavor and there is no good reason to doubly punish a player with a dead card just because they were hit by Extirpate or milled/discarded all copies of one Elder Dragon. Not being able to get the full two card/permanent outcome is punishment enough.

And if the last US-presidential election cycle taught me anything about debates, it's that the show must go on even with only one party appearing.

---

Card of the Day 2021-04-05 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Graybeard's Tales {3}{W}
Tribal Sorcery — Giant (U)
Each player draws two cards and gains 4 life. Then, if you have seven or more cards in hand, create a 4/4 Giant Wizard creature token with ward {2}. (When it becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays {2}.)

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-06 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Hoard the Dreams {3}{U}
Tribal Sorcery — Faerie (C)
Create two 1/1 blue Faerie Wizard creature tokens flying and "{2}, Exile this creature: Draw a card."

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-07 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Winnowers' Approach {3}{B}{B}
Tribal Sorcery — Elf (U)
Create two 2/2 black Elf Rogue creature tokens with deathtouch. Each opponent loses 2 life.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-08 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Inner-Flame Nova {4}{R}{R}
Tribal Sorcery — Elemental (R)
~ deals 4 damage to each creature and each planeswalker. Create two 2/2 red Elemental Warrior creature tokens with menace.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Hey, a cross-rarity cycle. Those are interesting. I like Graybeard's Tales a lot but I find it odd that it's the only one where the token is conditional. (Maybe the green one will also be so?)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Hey, a cross-rarity cycle. Those are interesting. I like Graybeard's Tales a lot but I find it odd that it's the only one where the token is conditional. (Maybe the green one will also be so?)
Not so much a cross-rarity cycle as a token show-case. The Giant tokens are a bit to sizable to show up in multiples often, so they have to justify themselves else-wise.

---

Card of the Day 2021-04-09 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Pestsniper Squad {2}{G}{G}
Creature — Kithkin Archer (C)
Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.)
When ~ dies, create two 1/2 green Kithkin Archer creature tokens with reach.

2/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

...huh. I was expecting Treefolk, honestly. (Oh how far Giant Spider has fallen.)

SecretInfiltrator

Oh, no. Treefolk wouldn't fit the green slot this time around. They'll have their chance another week... maybe.

---

Card of the Day 2021-04-10 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Inspiring Recount {3}{R}
Tribal Sorcery — Goblin
(U)

Return a random sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Create a 1/1 red Goblin Shaman creature token with prowess. Exile Inspiring Recount.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-11 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Well of Charity {2}{W}
Tribal Artifact — Merfolk (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 1/2 white Merfolk Cleric creature token with lifelink.
{2}{W}, {T}, Sacrifice ~: Each player draws two cards.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-12 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Spiritsworn Soratami {2}{U}
Creature — Moonfolk Wizard (C)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
As long as you control a Spirit, ~ has hexproof.

2/1

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 2 years ago

Card of the Day 2021-04-13 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Seal of Fire {1}{R}
Creature — Walrus (U)
{1}{R}, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals 3 damage to any target.
2/1

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-14 >

Text Card
Show
Hide
Tidewater Rush {2}{U}
Elemental Instant — Water (C)
Each player returns a nonland permanent they control to its owner's hand. Each player that returned a Water permanent this way may draw a card.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Card of the Day 2021-04-13 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Seal of Fire {1}{R}
Creature — Walrus (U)
{1}{R}, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals 3 damage to any target.
2/1
Ok it took me over 24 hours but I suddenly got it. :crazy:
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

SecretInfiltrator

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Ok it took me over 24 hours but I suddenly got it. :crazy:
:grin:

---

Card of the Day 2021-04-15 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Woodland Phelddagrif {2}{G}{G}
Creature — Phelddagrif (U)
Trample
Whenever ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on ~ and defending player creates a 1/1 green Hippo creature token.

3/3

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-16 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Golden Serpent {3}{W}{B}
Creature — Serpent (M)
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, create a Gold token. (It's an artifact with "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.") Then animate that token into Molten Gold. (It becomes a 2/2 Ooze creature with that name. It's still an artifact. If an animated creature would die, instead it becomes tapped without damage on it and no longer animated.)

2/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-17 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Devouring Earth {2}{B}
Instant (U)
~ deals 4 damage to target creature without flying.
Flashback {5}{R}
Swallowing Sky {2}{G}
Instant (U)
~ deals 4 damage to target creature with flying.
Flashback {5}{R}

Morpic_Tide
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Morpic_Tide » 2 years ago

Golden Serpent seems to be much better suited to using Treasures instead of Gold, as the tap cost on Treasures means there's actual risk to attacking with the "animated" token.

This also brings up the question of what the Animate keyword action does, as there's a very different matter between it locking to a 2/2 Ooze as would normally be expected like how Awaken specifies 0/0 Elemental, the implication of it being a Transform variant brought by the name difference, and the third option of different Animate sources having different names for targeting purposes.

SecretInfiltrator

Morpic_Tide wrote:
2 years ago
Golden Serpent seems to be much better suited to using Treasures instead of Gold, as the tap cost on Treasures means there's actual risk to attacking with the "animated" token.
Very perceptive. During the time I originally designed the card I was playing with the thought to errata Gold to tap as part of the activation just like Treasure, but I reverted that only as a result of Gold tokens returning recently without tapping being part of the cost.
This also brings up the question of what the Animate keyword action does, as there's a very different matter between it locking to a 2/2 Ooze as would normally be expected like how Awaken specifies 0/0 Elemental, the implication of it being a Transform variant brought by the name difference, and the third option of different Animate sources having different names for targeting purposes.
I really wish you'd not have tried to put all these thoughts and options in a single sentence, because I have a hard time following it.

"Animate" is a keyword action that does two things: It turns a noncreature permanent into a creature, and it sets up a replacement effect that eventually replaces the death of the animated creature with returning it to the noncreature permanent state.

The rules text also defines the new stats(power and toughness), types and any additional abilities the creature would have for the time it is animated, but in this case I went a little overboard and used a predefined name that has associated stats and types (Molten Gold) the same way Gold tokens have predefined stats.

The text without predefined Molten Gold would be:

"When ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, create a Gold token. Then animate that token into a 2/2 Ooze creature named Molten Gold. It's still an artifact. (Gold is an artifact with "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color." If an animated creature would die, instead it becomes tapped and no longer animated.)"

Better?

---

Card of the Day 2021-04-18 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Hymn of the Sun {W}
Enchantment (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, return an enchantment you control to its owner's hand.
White creatures you control get +1/+1.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-19 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Lost in Awe {2}{W}
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent's triggered abilities don't trigger. If enchanted permanent is a creature, it can't attack or block.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-20 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Song of Vodalia {4}{U}{U}
Enchantment — Aura (R)
Enchant permanent
You control enchanted permanent.
Enchanted permanent is a 3/3 blue Fish creature.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-21 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Bottom Feeding {B}
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1.
{B}, Exile a card from your graveyard: Enchanted creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
They live in the sun's light upon the canopy, but when the leaves drift to the roots they become food for the swarm.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2021-04-22 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Fire Arms {R}
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has reach.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”