[Assorted][Daily] SecretInfiltrator's SecretBase

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Card of the Day 2019-10-14 >

Vision Drake {3}{U}
Creature – Drake Illusion (U)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
{2}{U}: Draw a card, then discard a card.
Watching the clouds, what do you see? Life-spending rain? Devastating storms? Or figments of monsters that are not rally there?
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Sure. A lateral move from Azure Mage.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chochky
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by chochky » 4 years ago

Chaos Dragon is a cool card. We haven't seen Planechase releases for a while now, have we? It would be cool to revisit Planes and the planar die again in some way. Planes in particular feel very natural to Magic.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-10-15 >

Conglomerate Dreadnought {13}
Artifact Creature – Dreadnought (R)
You may sacrifice Vehicles with a total power of 13 or greater rather than pay ~'s mana cost.
Trample
13/13

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I don't think this works how you want it to work if you want it to work how I think you want it to work :p Just see CR 301.7a; but maybe you could reference "printed power"?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

M00NSIDIAN

Post by M00NSIDIAN » 4 years ago

That would exclude vehicles that have gotten buffs in some way, but they'd have to be creatures for that to be a thing that they can have, right? So the wording on that sounds like it'd be a huge mess.

Well, I guess something's going to just end up falling by the wayside. (The overall flavor makes me think of... like, horrible car mods, though, which is kind of hilarious.)

SecretInfiltrator

Hmmm... that's a dilemma. I am not certain what the benefit og that rule is. Nothing is hurt by a noncreature Vehicle having a power, right?

I have a mind to overrule the CR here.

Card of the Day 2019-10-16 >

Stoic Dungeoner {3}{W/U}
Creature – Drone (C)
~ gets +1/+1 as long as it is untapped.
2/3

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Hmmm... that's a dilemma. I am not certain what the benefit og that rule is. Nothing is hurt by a noncreature Vehicle having a power, right?

The problem is that it opens more questions. If a non creature has p/t does it die from lethal damage? Why isn't it included in "any target"? Its debatable whether such interactions are worth the change.

SecretInfiltrator

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago

The problem is that it opens more questions. If a non creature has p/t does it die from lethal damage? Why isn't it included in "any target"? Its debatable whether such interactions are worth the change.
The same would be said about printed p/t from where I am looking at it. All the questions you ask I already processed assuming the Vehicles do have a power and toughness and without CR I wouldn't have assumed otherwise, so the questions cannot be intrinsically linked.

Additionally since the CR (or a Ruling, but that's just applications of CR etc.) are required to know for certain whether an artifact has p/t, it is okay if my new rule also is answerable by CR. In fact the rules in place to answer those questions don't even change. The CR right now answer those questions if you look up "lethal damage" and "any target". In fact both "noncreature artifacts" and "spells" are specifically mentioned as things not covered by "any target" - despite the fact that spells can have p/t, so we have a game object already that allows those questions.

M00NSIDIAN

I can't weigh in much on the ruling about vehicles. But the new card is decent enough filler. Odd creature type choice, though.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yeah, there are a lot of flavor blanks to fill in for Stoic Dungeoner.

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah, there are a lot of flavor blanks to fill in for Stoic Dungeoner.
Hmmm...
  • Padro was used to taking his way out of sticky situations until he encountered the faceless and mindless obedience of Daban jailers.
  • While spurious but adaptable humans are used as scouts and vanguard by the Horologium, more dependable species have been bred for guard duty.
I wonder whether - in these days of colored artifacts - the Mirran Drone creatures would have been simply more artifacts.

Card of the Day 2019-10-17 >

Antlered Druid {3}{G}
Creature – Rabbit Druid (R)
When ~ dies, create Voiceless Stag, a legendary 7/4 green Elk Avatar creature token.
Exile ~ from your graveyard: Tokens you control gain hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
2/2

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-10-18 >

Entsprout Dryad {2}{G}
Creature – Dryad (C)
You may tap an untapped Treefolk you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost.
When ~ dies, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
2/2

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-10-19 >

Jaffi, Automation Genius {R}{W}{U}
Creature – Dwarf Rigger (R)
Vehicles are creatures in addition to their other types and have haste.
Whenever you cast an artifact spell, you may assemble a Contraption.
3/4

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

I'm 90% certain you want a "you control" after the first vehicles.

This package seems a bit strong for its cost. Though the actual value of assembling a contraption are vague.

SecretInfiltrator

Thanks for catching the missing restriction.

I rate the Contraption ability rather low because it requires you to access both Contraptions as well as non-Contraption artifacts to cast, so you need to get quite deep on the theme. I consider it close to trinket text.

Card of the Day 2019-10-20 >

Destructive Firelord {4}{R}
Creature – Efreet Noble (U)
As long as you have cast two or more spells this turn, ~ has double srike and haste.
3/5

2020-10-12 EDIT: Fixed magicmultiverse.net-link.
Last edited by SecretInfiltrator 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Good Limited payoff imho. For a rituals theme, perhaps?

M00NSIDIAN

Destructive Firelord is a nice card in limited that could probably be playable in some actual constructed decks due to giving itself double strike, and also is worded very well (i.e. not a trigger after you cast your second spell per turn). Extremely solid design.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-10-21 >

Shimmering Egg {1}{W}
Creature – Egg (U)
When ~ dies, manifest the top card of your library.
0/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-10-22 >

Adriel, Prime Archangel {3}{W}{W}{W}
Legendary Creature – Elder Angel (M)
Flying, vigilance
Whenever ~ attacks exile target permanent an opponent controls.
5/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I... huh. Of course that's meant to be a pushed card but compare to Krond the Dawn-Clad - 3WWW is considerably easy to pay for than GGGWWW and your card has no conditionality to its triggered ability.

I think that's too pushed for six mana, then.

SecretInfiltrator

You are obviously correct... Maybe "until ~ leaves the battlefield"? I wish, I recalled, which card I used as reference for the power level.

Card of the Day 2019-10-23 >

Wail of the Void {9}
Legendary Creature – Eldrazi (M)
Annihilator 6 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices six permanents.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice all colored permanents you control.
6/9

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yeah that's absolutely fine. Big honking thing with a major, but purely deckbuilding-based, drawback. Doesn't necessarily feel legendary, though (and Eldrazi tend to get cast rather than ETB triggers but I guess you don't want to make this reanimator bait).

SecretInfiltrator

Yeah, cast triggers on other Eldrazi also originate as tech to prevent circumvention of the stack, but since unfortunately casting without paying the mana cost has taken over, so maybe we'll see "When you pay ~'s mana cost" next?

Legendary is, so the drawback doesn't get too easily leveraged into multiples, but also because I liked the idea of more legendary Eldrazi that are more abstract like It That Betrays.

Card of the Day 2019-10-24 >

Bastion of Stone {2}{R}
Creature – Elemental Wall (C)
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 0/3 colorless Elemental Wall artifact creature token with defender.
0/3

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”