At least your feet are protected.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
ImageImageImageImage

CubJay
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CubJay » 4 years ago

Weird. It sorta has an equip cost of 0 since it can pay its own equip cost, and then the equipped creature can also tap for mana. On subsequent turns it kinda taps for , since both the equipment amd the creature can tap for It also means equipment tutors can tutor out a land which might be problematic from a colour pie peespective since equipment tutoring is a white thing, and land tutoring is not.

Also is this even allowed under the rules? I seem to recall reading that creatures can't be equipped to creatures even if they are also equipment. Does this hold for lands too? Any rules gurus wanna weigh in?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

No, there's nothing in the rules that prevents an artifact land from being an Equipment and being attached to creatures. The idea is interesting and makes some intuitive sense with the double mana ability. The flavor's also good/amusing.

However, there are multiple logistical reasons that R&D wouldn't print something like this: artifact lands are probably not coming back anytime soon; and Equipment that both have, and grant, tap abilities could easily cause confusion as many players turn the Auras and Equipment attached to a creature sideways to tap that creature.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”