Every Color Demons

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Five literal years ago there was some friendly competition on MTGS to see which iconic creature type was hardest to put into other colors, and also to see who could do the best job with that. I argued that are the most difficult to fit into any color except black, and almost put them into every single color combination before losing my inspiration.

Well, better late than never - reposting the existing designs here and soontm I will post the ones I missed.
Colorless and monocolored
Show
Hide
Icon of Emptiness 5
Artifact Creature - Demon (U)
Flying
Icon of Emptiness can't attack or block if there are five or more colored permanents on the battlefield.
7: Permanents target player controls become colorless until end of turn.
6/6

Corrupted Reformist WWW
Creature - Demon (R)
Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, untap all permanents your opponents control.
W: Corrupted Reformist gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
"Once I took from the weak. Now I give to them the gift of second chances."
4/4

Master of the Drowned 4UU
Creature - Demon (R)
Prowess, hexproof, islandwalk
Whenever a creature dies, return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. If you can't, put the top five cards of your library into your graveyard. When you cast a spell that shares a name with the card you returned in this way this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Master of the Drowned.
2/3

Glutboar 6B
Creature - Demon Boar (C)
"Fly? Why should I? Plenty of delicious souls down here."
6/7

Jokulskolli 4RRR
Snow Creature - Demon (R)
Flying, menace
Whenever a land card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, Jokulskolli deals 3 damage to each nonsnow creature, each nonsnow planeswalker, and each player and you add RRR to your mana pool.
SSS: Jokulskolli gains indestructible until end of turn.
4/4

Jungle Enforcer 3GG
Creature - Demon (R)
Trample
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Jungle Enforcer gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of nonbasic lands that player controls, then Jungle Enforcer fights target creature that player controls.
3/3
Allied bicolor
Show
Hide
Prakasur, Twister of Rays 2WU
Legendary Creature - Demon Wizard (M)
Vigilance
T: Prakasur, Twister of Rays deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature and 1 damage to you.
T: Counter target spell with converted mana cost 2 or less or target activated or triggered ability from a source with converted mana cost 2 or less. Prakasur deals 1 damage to you. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
T: Creatures you control get +0/+2 until end of turn. Prakasur deals 1 damage to you.
4/4

Flaying Puppeteer 2UB
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
T: Create a token that's a copy of target creature. Sacrifice that token when it enters the battlefield.
"Dance your heart out. It won't be for long."
3/4

Keeper of Widespread Ruin 5BR
Creature - Demon (M)
Flying, haste, deathtouch
Pay half your life, rounded up: Destroy target creature or planeswalker. That permanent's controller loses 1 life. Create a 1/1 red Devil creature token. It has "When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player."
"Fall."
5/4

Abyzouth of the Hunt 3RG
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying, first strike, deathtouch, prowess, trample
"Why must my pretties flee from me? Then again, the struggle makes their meat all the sweeter."
3/2

Blessingmelter 2GW
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice an enchantment. If you do, create an X/X green Ooze creature token, where X is twice that enchantment's converted mana cost. If you can't, sacrifice Blessingmelter.
Eminently practical, they tend not to see much use for metaphysical boons.
4/5
Enemy bicolor
Show
Hide
Heavenfire Tempter 6WBBB
Creature - Demon (M)
Flying, double strike, menace
When Heavenfire Tempter enters the battlefield, you may pay 13 life. If you do, destroy all permanents your opponents control.
3/13

Bramblereaper 2BBGG
Creature - Demon (M)
Indestructible
All spells, permanents, and cards that aren't on the battlefield have deathtouch.
Whenever a planeswalker is dealt damage, destroy that planeswalker.
4/1

Weather Fiend 2GU
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
Whenever you draw a card, choose one -
• Target creature gets -1/-0 until end of turn.
• Weather Fiend deals 1 damage to target creature with flying.
• You may tap or untap target land.
3/3

Visage of Dissimulation 3UR
Creature - Demon Illusion (R)
Flash
Menace
When Visage of Dissimulation enters the battlefield, target creature gets -3/+6 until end of turn.
When Visage of Dissimulation leaves the battlefield, target creature gets +6/-3 until end of turn.
3/3

Vainglorious Greatknight 1RRW
Creature - Demon Knight (R)
Trample, protection from black
Whenever Vainglorious Greatknight deals combat damage to a player, put a maneuver counter on Vainglorious Greatknight.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a maneuver counter from Vainglorious Greatknight. If you do, Vainglorious Greatknight deals 4 damage to target creature or player and you gain 4 life.
4/3
Allied tricolor
Show
Hide
Dictator of the Lacquered Garden GWU
Creature - Demon (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose casting spells, playing lands, attacking or blocking with creatures, or drawing cards. You can't do the others until your next turn.
Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast, you may play an additional land on each of your turns, and other creatures you control get +1/+1 and have vigilance.
GU: Draw a card.
Paradise appears as he wills it to.
3/3

Infernal Patron 2WUB
Creature - Demon (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may untap Infernal Patron.
T: When another target creature you control dies this turn, you may pay life equal to that creature's toughness. If you do, draw that many cards. Otherwise, you gain life equal to that creature's power.
WB: Target creature gets +1/+1 or -1/-1 until end of turn. Untap that creature.
"You have much to learn. Almost as much as I have to teach you."
4/5

Scroll-Stare Fiend 1UBR
Creature - Demon (R)
Haste, menace
Whenever you search a library, you may reveal the cards you searched for. If you do, Scroll-Stare Fiend gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the total converted mana cost of cards revealed in this way.
3/2

Abomination of Devastation 4BRG
Creature - Demon Horror (R)
Reach, deathtouch
When Abomination of Devastation enters the battlefield, choose one or both -
• Destroy all artifacts, all Artificers, and all Dwarves.
• Destroy all enchantments, all Druids, and all Elves.
7/7

Fiery Juror RGW
Creature - Demon Avatar (R)
Trample
All creatures able to block Fiery Juror do so.
Whenever Fiery Juror attacks, defending player gains 5 life.
5/5
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Enemy tricolor
Show
Hide
Firelight Archfiend 2RWB
Creature - Demon (M)
This spell can't be countered.
Vigilance, haste, protection from green and from blue
RWB: Creatures you control get +2/+1 until end of turn.
3/5

Engineer of Catastrophes 3GUR
Creature - Elemental Demon (M)
Ward 3
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single opponent or single permanent an opponent controls, copy that spell for each other opponent or permanent an opponent controls it could target. Each of those copies targets a different one of those players or permanents.
6/6

Demon of the Stopped Pulse 1WBG
Creature - Demon (R)
Flash
Your opponents can't gain life.
+1/+1 counters can't be placed on permanents your opponents control.
4/4

Jiideru, Thundersworn Oni URW
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (R)
Flying
Instant and sorcery spells you control and instant and sorcery cards you own are Arcane in addition to their other types.
Exile three instant and/or sorcery cards from your graveyard: Exile Jiideru. Return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the end step of your next turn. When you do, Jiideru deals 3 damage to any target.
3/2

Rakshasa Banker BGU
Creature - Cat Demon (R)
Trample
Each card you exile from your graveyard as you cast a spell with delve pays for an additional 1.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 3 life unless you discard a card at random.
4/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 2 years ago

I'm happy to see that 'every color iconics' isn't dead! I'm still stumped on how to do green sphinx, though.
formerly willows

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Damn, that's a good challenge. Angels are almost certainly the easiest to make in every color. I think Hydras might be second-hardest, but conveying a Demon-y flavour is definitely tricky.
barbecube wrote:
2 years ago
I'm happy to see that 'every color iconics' isn't dead! I'm still stumped on how to do green sphinx, though.
Mmmmmmmmaybe this? Like, it hit me it could just be "do a green thing, but turn it into a minigame"

Keeper of Life 2GGG
Creature — Sphinx
At the beginning of your end step, look at the top eight cards of your library. You may separate four into a face-down pile and shuffle that pile. If you do, an opponent chooses one, then you reveal the cards. If there are two creature cards and two noncreature cards in the pile, and the chosen card was a creature, you may put that creature onto the battlefield under your control.
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Four- and five-color
Show
Hide
Archlord of Evil UBRG
Creature - Demon (M)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a land.
Flying, first strike, lifelink, vigilance
7/7

Ammit of the Cosmic Scales 2BRGW
Creature - Crocodile Demon Avatar (M)
Trample, ward 4
Whenever Ammit of the Cosmic Scales deals combat damage to a player, destroy up to one target legendary permanent that player controls, then you may return up to one target legendary permanent card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
BRGW: Return Ammit of the Cosmic Scales from your graveyard to your hand.
6/4

Bound Guardian RGWU
Creature - Demon Guardian (M)
Other permanents you control have indestructible and hexproof.
You have hexproof and effects can't cause you to lose the game or your opponents to win the game.
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control or another permanent you control leaves the battlefield, exile Bound Guardian and a permanent you control.
4/4

Evil Eye of Time 2GWUB
Creature - Demon Eye (M)
Menace
When Evil Eye of Time enters the battlefield, if it was cast, each player shuffles their hand into their library, then draws seven cards.
Evil Eye of Time attacks each combat if able.
Whenever Evil Eye of Time deals combat damage to a player, that player takes an extra turn after this one. Evil Eye of Time phases out.
12/12

Bladepact Necrodemon XWUBR
Creature - Demon (M)
Delve
Bladepact Necrodemon enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever Bladepact Necrodemon enters or leaves the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to any target. You draw that many cards and lose that much life.
-2/-2

Uthnios, Chained to Earth 1WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Angel Demon (M)
Prowess
Uthnios can't be blocked by creatures with flying.
T: Return target artifact or instant card from your graveyard to your hand.
You may cast enchantment and sorcery spells by paying life equal to their mana values rather than their mana costs.
6/6

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And it's done!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Now I'm wondering what creature type I should do next - preferably one heavily associated with just one color. Doesn't have to be iconic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”