Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Attachments
Strange New Worlds.jpg
Extraterrestrial Beast.jpg
Being from Another Planet.jpg
Last edited by Legend 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Legend
Aethernaut

The uncommons.
Attachments
Ground Control.jpg
Holomancy.jpg
Planetary Salvage.jpg

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

Legend
Aethernaut

Rares and the fourth common.
Attachments
War of the Worlds.jpg
Mindscape.jpg
Terrasaurus.jpg

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Your first three commons seem overcost, while your uncommons seem to just try and stir the opposite direction. The drop-off between uncommon and common power level would be quite steep by that.

If Waro fo the Worlds is fine at six mana (which I'm not convinced of; if though) I'd still make it more color intensive. In this batch is not a single non-gold card with more than one colored mana symbol, so there might be something on your mind there, but that's the card to double or triple up on.

Legend
Aethernaut

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Your first three commons seem overcost, while your uncommons seem to just try and stir the opposite direction. The drop-off between uncommon and common power level would be quite steep by that.
Correct as usual. Each batch has been designed somewhat in a vacuum. (It helps me stay focused.) As a result, the curve is wonky. I plan to iron it out once everything is assembled into one set and further refine it by playtesting.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
If Waro fo the Worlds is fine at six mana (which I'm not convinced of; if though) I'd still make it more color intensive. In this batch is not a single non-gold card with more than one colored mana symbol, so there might be something on your mind there, but that's the card to double or triple up on.
You actually caught me, haha! For now, every card (except for the mythic cycle) has only one colored mana. That too will be remedied during development.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”