The Shattered Realm: Creative

dangerousdice
Pronoun: he / him

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

when are we going to make the mechanics thread? cause I have some ideas for some cool mechanics!

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 3 years ago

Your right. I have some ideas of my own, and it's about time we got the mechanics thread going. Give me a bit to launch it.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Reminder: The soltari/etc that we saw on Rath happened over 400 years ago. While some of their core should remain the same so we recognize them, we do not have to be at all restricted to who they were. 400 years is a lot of time to grow, etc.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
I was thinking the same, however that is more of a discussion for the mechanics thread when it is made, but it is a very good idea and one we should make note of.
At a certain point, one has to lead the other. The nuanced details of each racial faction/society reflect their core colors. The Dauthi, in example, would be different if their core was solely rooted in black, versus blue-black or black-white. We don't have to delve into any mechanics, or even whether we have actual gold cards, etc, but the core colors of each society should be fleshed out at this point, imo.

My random thoughts

Race/SocietyMono ColorsAllied ColorNemesis ColorShardWedge
Soltari
Thalakos
Dauthi
Viashino
Elves

Of these, I like the nemesis colors as well.

Soltary RW feels right and gives us an interesting direction that pushes us away from the predictable white order. We've seen plenty of War-mongering RW, but seeing a religious-based RW Soltari could let us explore what it means to be red in a religious order with certain rules and guidelines.

Thalakos being GU makes sense. They are still studious readers, but they live in natural harmony and study the world around them. They aren't Green-Blue evolutionists, they study and manipulate the physical world around them. They study the floatstone, use magic to control large driftrocks, etc.

Dauthi as WB better-than-you aristocrats. They have a strong social order, rules of engagement, pomp, and circumstance, — but that is their public face. Behind the scenes, they scheme and work in secret, try to lower the position of other families, etc, all for the betterment of their own position and prestige. Everyone knows this, but its never talked about publicly. They are the faces of the elite and are beyond reproach.

Viashino as red-blue wouldn't be the vicious berserker raider, they'd be more like pirate raiders who make plans, use ploys and diversions, etc. They're not hellbent ragers, they're ingenious scavengers who utilize what they have to great effect.

Spider-harmony gives a nice GB feel to the elves. They are all about manipulating the natural order for their own benefit. They generally have a symbiotic relationship with their spiders, but they also consider them the lesser. They have strong control over them and are absolutely willing to sacrifice their spider kin to save themselves and/or use them as attack dogs.

/just my thoughts
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

dangerousdice

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Reminder: The soltari/etc that we saw on Rath happened over 400 years ago. While some of their core should remain the same so we recognize them, we do not have to be at all restricted to who they were. 400 years is a lot of time to grow, etc.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
I was thinking the same, however that is more of a discussion for the mechanics thread when it is made, but it is a very good idea and one we should make note of.
At a certain point, one has to lead the other. The nuanced details of each racial faction/society reflect their core colors. The Dauthi, in example, would be different if their core was solely rooted in black, versus blue-black or black-white. We don't have to delve into any mechanics, or even whether we have actual gold cards, etc, but the core colors of each society should be fleshed out at this point, imo.

My random thoughts

Soltari
Thalakos
Dauthi
Viashino
Elves

Soltary RW feels right and gives us an interesting direction that pushes us away from the predictable white order. We've seen plenty of War-mongering RW, but seeing a religious-based RW Soltari could let us explore what it means to be red in a religious order with certain rules and guidelines.

Thalakos being GU makes sense. They are still studious readers, but they live in natural harmony and study the world around them. They aren't Green-Blue evolutionists, they study and manipulate the physical world around them. They study the floatstone, use magic to control large driftrocks, etc.

Dauthi as WB better-than-you aristocrats. They have a strong social order, rules of engagement, pomp, and circumstance, — but that is their public face. Behind the scenes, they scheme and work in secret, try to lower the position of other families, etc, all for the betterment of their own position and prestige. Everyone knows this, but its never talked about publicly. They are the faces of the elite and are beyond reproach.

Viashino as red-blue wouldn't be the vicious berserker raider, they'd be more like pirate raiders who make plans, use ploys and diversions, etc. They're not hellbent ragers, they're ingenious scavengers who utilize what they have to great effect.

Spider-harmony gives a nice GB feel to the elves. They are all about manipulating the natural order for their own benefit. They generally have a symbiotic relationship with their spiders, but they also consider them the lesser. They have strong control over them and are absolutely willing to sacrifice their spider kin to save themselves and/or use them as attack dogs.

/just my thoughts

I really like those ideas!

Venedrex

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago

My random thoughts

Soltari
Thalakos
Dauthi
Viashino
Elves

/just my thoughts
I'll echo what dangerousdice said, those are awesome! I think each of those options has merit, but I agree that the enemy color pairings look pretty spicy. I also agree that red white religious Soltari would be fun to explore, as well as the rest of the pairings.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Note: The above concepts aren't pure 2-color, it's rooted in their main color with influence from their secondary.

In example, the Viashino bear little resemblance to the science-loving Izzet; they are red first with blue guiding and changing their core values. They believe in freedom, but their impulses are calmed by keeping the future in mind. They are fierce, but their emotions are much more tempered by logic than pure red.

For the storyline: is it odd that I want the Soltari to be the bad guys?
The flavor text of Soltari Crusader has always stood out to me:
"Carry war to the Dauthi, no matter the way, no matter the world."
—Soltari battle chant
This is some hardcore warmongering oppression.
Again, it's been 400 years, so the "kill all Dauthi!" should probably have been settled long ago, but the core of their drive here sticks out to me. It's an attack-first, ask questions later kind of attitude. It feels prejudice; guilt by association; no mercy. It's the bad aspects in white, and lends itself to a white antagonist.

Perhaps in our story, we start off by seeing the Soltari perspective, with the Viashino vilified, but as the story unfolds we see the Viashino as the actual protagonists who are defending themselves from the Soltari oppression?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Venedrex

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Note: The above concepts aren't pure 2-color, it's rooted in their main color with influence from their secondary.

In example, the Viashino bear little resemblance to the science-loving Izzet; they are red first with blue guiding and changing their core values. They believe in freedom, but their impulses are calmed by keeping the future in mind. They are fierce, but their emotions are much more tempered by logic than pure red.

For the storyline: is it odd that I want the Soltari to be the bad guys?
The flavor text of Soltari Crusader has always stood out to me:
"Carry war to the Dauthi, no matter the way, no matter the world."
—Soltari battle chant
This is some hardcore warmongering oppression.
Again, it's been 400 years, so the "kill all Dauthi!" should probably have been settled long ago, but the core of their drive here sticks out to me. It's an attack-first, ask questions later kind of attitude. It feels prejudice; guilt by association; no mercy. It's the bad aspects in white, and lends itself to a white antagonist.

Perhaps in our story, we start off by seeing the Soltari perspective, with the Viashino vilified, but as the story unfolds we see the Viashino as the actual protagonists who are defending themselves from the Soltari oppression?
Gotcha. Yeah, having the Soltari be villainous could make a lot of sense, I could definitely see the Viashino being the good guys like you said.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

I like @Feyd_Ruin's ideas as well, as for how it would work.

Soltari (RW, based in W): Highly religious with a structured society (white), but they value creativity and art highly (red). White/red also ties in with them worshiping a sun god. They had a massive religious war with the Dauthi in the past, but several hundred years have tempered their passion. And while skirmishes still happen, they are a no longer at war.
As a side note: The Soltari already have a white/red card in the form of Soltari Guerrillas

Thalakos (GU, based in U): Pursuing knowledge for the sake of knowledge (blue), but share their wisdom freely with those who contribute (green). The Thalakos are driven to explore the boundaries of the natural world, growing plants and keeping caged creatures to study them thoroughly, but also paying for and taking part of dangerous wilderness expeditions to gather specimens or knowledge.

Dauthi (WB, based in B): A stratified society society with lots of opportunities for increasing your social status if you are ambitious is a very black and white concept. The similarities with the Soltari society is not lost on both races, but the differences (Soltari are born into their roles, Dauthi can change theirs through cleverness and ambition) is more than enough to cause tension between them.

Viashino (UR, based in R); free spirited, fierce, and ruled by their emotions (red), one would expect the Viashino to be highly disorganized tribes in which the strongest cower the weak. But the Viashino are organized and driven to better and perfect themselves so that they can perhaps one day ascend and become dragons (blue)

Elves (BG, based in G): Communal, nomadic, and in tune with the world around them, and live in a symbiotic relationship with several species of spiders (Green), but they are also slightly xenophobic and very distrusting of outsiders. For elves, the only thing that matters is the safety of the family (black), and while they often rescue abandoned children and adopt them into their family, they see injured adults simply as prey for their spiders (black).

Sound good?
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Starsilk Spiders are in size similar to dogs, smaller and larger specimen alike, so the elves don't use them as mounts. They weave finer webs than the spider mounts though, and filter the air for their primary prey: faeries. The magical energies of those are drained into silk, once caught, and give the material the bright, colorful shine that gives the silk and the spider their names. The silk of abandoned (or sometimes not abandoned) webs is collected to weave impressive shimmering clothes - a custom especially among dauthi nobles, in stark contrasts to their assassins that clad themselves in utter darkness to meld into the night.

The custom originates from the Calling of the Slayer, one of multiple ways to ascend the dauthi hierarchy. Slayers are especially respected even outside the dauthi hierarchy as they protect all the realms upwards of Duskwatch, their lowest outpost. When an errant Leviathan or Sky Serpent ascends from the depths and threatens settled land, they don starsilk capes and customary glaives to either catch the attention of the monster and lead it away, or, failing to do so, take on the task of slaying it before it topples a Steadfast.

Many an ill word is spoken of the dauthi and their frivolous schemes by superstitious soltari, but never of their Slayers.

—Planeswalkers Guide to Alirea

dangerousdice

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Starsilk Spiders are in size similar to dogs, smaller and larger specimen alike, so the elves don't use them as mounts. They weave finer webs than the spider mounts though, and filter the air for their primary prey: faeries. The magical energies of those are drained into silk, once caught, and give the material the bright, colorful shine that gives the silk and the spider their names. The silk of abandoned (or sometimes not abandoned) webs is collected to weave impressive shimmering clothes - a custom especially among dauthi nobles, in stark contrasts to their assassins that clad themselves in utter darkness to meld into the night.

The custom originates from the Calling of the Slayer, one of multiple ways to ascend the dauthi hierarchy. Slayers are especially respected even outside the dauthi hierarchy as they protect all the realms upwards of Duskwatch, their lowest outpost. When an errant Leviathan or Sky Serpent ascends from the depths and threatens settled land, they don starsilk capes and customary glaives to either catch the attention of the monster and lead it away, or, failing to do so, take on the task of slaying it before it topples a Steadfast.

Many an ill word is spoken of the dauthi and their frivolous schemes by superstitious soltari, but never of their Slayers.

—Planeswalkers Guide to Alirea
I love this.

if we ever do a Planeswalkers Guide to Alirea, this should be in it.
Last edited by dangerousdice 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 2 years ago

It's been a while, but here's a lore snippet. Do with it what you will.

-soltari are being manipulated-

"The Soltari have been increasingly militant in recent years, due to Hrain's commands becoming more... volatile. Unbeknownst to them, a planeswalker has been manipulating the results of the priest's charts for a few years now. This, along with an ancient grudge against the Dauthi, has elevated hostilities between them drastically."

silver_skeleton

Post by silver_skeleton » 1 year ago

As I already posted in the Shattered Realm mechanics thread, I'd like to contribute to the set, but I needed to read this thread. Now that I did, I got to say there's a lot of cool ideas and proposals in here.

I like the premise of the floating lands, this is so intriguing to me. There are still some unanswered questions I've got about this world. Maybe you want to leave them open, but I'm curious about this, about how this connects to the set themes.

Let's start with the most obvious:
What is the reason for the world being like it is? Is this something that should be defined by the design team? To me this feels like such a fundamental part of the plane that's important to decide.
Some possible reasons I came up with:
  • some natural essence or field pervading the plane that has always existed, the plane has been like this since its beginning / it was created this way
  • a sudden effect, like a natural cataclysm that happened a long time ago, or a massive spell cast by some mighty being
  • a slow process inherent to the plane drives the lands apart; it took millennia to reach this state
  • some artifact at the center of the planet / buried deep at the lowest levels of the plane where there's solid ground
  • an ancient civilization used a dangerous magical technique and destroyed itself by accident, it's now largely forgotten (sorry, kind of cliche)
Some of these have been done before on other planes, that makes them less appealing to me.

I could see the enchantment theme of the set being connected to the state of the world, so enchantment magic could represent either a slow natural process or some essence or field. I prefer a slowly changing world to a static one. This could also point to conflicts arising in the future.

Why are the land masses (at least the bigger ones) not drifting around and colliding? Is there something holding them in place (I think artificial structures and maybe plants growing from one land to another would be too weak to hold whole lands the size of a mountain)? Maybe the enchantment magic is also stabilising the lands? The pervading field, or some kind of chains or fiber going through the lands? Maybe living beings like plants and animals as well as structures are affected by those, too? Maybe water as well? I like the idea of some kind of magical connections between the lands, that maybe some plants can feel and use as a guide to grow to other lands. Those fibers, that somehow hold on to the lands, could also be what's moving the lands ever so slightly apart.

How does the fundamental effect cause the lands to float? What part of the land does it affect? Just "the land"? The downward facing surface of the land? Or certain substances, like stone, certain metals, the soil? A substance called floatstone or driftstone has been proposed, that could be what the fibers stick to. (Could you build a floating building with those stones along those fibers?)

How does the water cycles work? This has been talked about in this thread, and maybe it's already fleshed out enough, but I'm really interested in those kinds of details. Is it just that it's warmer down at the ground level, so it evaporates?

How do the cultures relate to the floating lands? I think it would be interesting to come up with different ways the sentient groups or civilizations view the lands, how it's anchored in their culture. How do they call the floating land pieces (of different sizes)? Do they have their own tales and myths about the origin of the plane? If the lands are slowly drifting apart, there could be traces in their cultural memory about the land being different in the past.

It's ok if you want to leave some or all of these questions open. It's just that these are fascinating to me to think about.

Personally, I like the idea of the plane starting out as a normal looking plane, but one that had a more or less homogeneous but expanding invisible enchantment field pervading it, with properties that made it clump over time and change into a 'fiber web'. The original field also was a homogeneous magic color 'soup', but the fibers have separated into the magic colors, with slightly different properties. The field/fibers stick to the driftstone/floatstone in the lands, and they ripped parts out of the ground (if the field hadn't changed to fibers it wouldn't have been strong enough), now holding those lands up in the air. It will drive the lands further apart in the future. Some plants and animals can sense the fibers, plants using them as guide to other land pieces. The bigger the lands and the more floatstone is in it, the more stable it is in the air and the more force does it take to move it. So small chunks can be pushed quite easily, but large lands would take an enormous amount of force to move. Structures between the lands need to be expanded over time, because the slow drift creates tension, and they are going to break some day. Plants that grow between lands will be ripped apart, but they adapted to this. Sentient inhabitants might witness a quake every few decades, when they suddenly hear loud noises of a tear in a land nearby. Those were a lot more common when the lands were closer to the ground, since a long time now the state has been more predictable and not that hard to adapt to.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Alright, let's see what progress we can make here! @silver_skeleton was a massive help in the prior post, I like a lot of the thoughts there and I'll reply again soon with my own versions of answers to the fundamental questions posed.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

What is the reason for the world being like it is? The natural answer is that it's, well, enchanted. By whom is an open question - maybe this is an artificial plane that has a single identifiable creator and that was somehow later stabilized into a self-sustaining natural plane (or else that creator is still alive and powering it in some way). Maybe it was once a more typical plane and a change was applied to it like Freyalise did with the World Spell.

Why are the land masses (at least the bigger ones) not drifting around and colliding? I love this fibrous mystic bonds/ductile ley line connections idea or however we choose to exactly conceptualize it. This could tie into the "weaving" enchantments flavor idea we have had, and could jibe with the planewide enchanter from the previous connection being something like a legendary Elder Spider or a being that would somehow be readily related to making these magic cables.

How does the fundamental effect cause the lands to float? It's possible that inert driftrock (driftstone?) was always present in the world, and that only the enchantment bonds placed on the world released their magical potential? That, or they're simply suspended in more or less loose or slack connections like a cat's-cradle. I always liked driftrock though and I think it has storytelling potential.

How do the water cycles work? The enchantment on the whole plane has less well understood bonds on the other elements and somehow invisibly directs water to become ice and steam and moves it throughout the atmosphere. I don't know if this is overexplaining or overthinking.

How do the cultures relate to the floating lands? I think it's easy to say "all differently" and that is beyond the scope of one post! I like the idea that the five main civilizations each have a clearly defined creation narrative, and all have just one piece of the truth, like in the story of the blind men and the elephant. E.G., if our main BG race is going to be Elves, then they may be right that the enchanter of the plane is their ancient spider god, but be rather off in the details of how their cultural memory preserved it in some way. The RW Soltari, by contrast, could be right insofar as the enchanter didn't actually create the world and was influenced to make changes to it by... well, some reason that we'll come up with... but have no knowledge of the spider or anything the other cultures bring to the table.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Venedrex

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

OK, I guess I'll chime in. :) Most of the following is inspired or taken from what has already posted here, so credit to everyone who posted.

I see the Viashino as the pirates, raiders, traders, merchants, skyship sailors, cliff hangers, rouges and renegades. BUT. They do have a culture of revering the dragons and wanting to become like them. To accomplish this, they are always trying to perform increasingly daring feats to prove their potential as future dragons. They are boisterous and passionate, but also clever and tricky. They are the ones travelling around the most, and often provide services of transportation, such as carrying people or packages, and they can be found in cities as traders as well. Just my initial thoughts on them.

I think rift could represent some sort of possibly dangerous experimentation with planar travel that may or may not have caused a cataclysmic event in the past that led to the Soltari and Co accidently travelling to Dominaria in the distant past. (to explain why this is ACTUALLY their home plane.)

The elves I feel are the most familar faction for the average MTG player. They do elf things, and serve as the somewhat recognizable faction. We have a lot of new and different concepts, and the elves serve as the "oh I know how this works" jumping off point for players in my mind. They are elves, and they do elf things. But, they do have new twists, such as lore wise being connected to spiders. I like the ties to the spiders and I envision the elves as living in webbed (cities?) on the lowest spires of the floating continents. (that or on giant webs between the land)

The soltari I think are pretty cut and dry, they are religious with deeply held traditions and sense of purpose. They don't get along to well with most of the other factions, and in my headcanon they might be the villians, at least for this set.

The dauthi are the misunderstood but noble status based society that is geographically right above the elves in the plane. They are most represented by the exalted mechanic.

The thalakos are the scientific, hmm lets see how this works faction who espouse neutrality and live in the very middle of the world. They get along good with just about everyone, and they love researching things and figuring out how this world works. They might have ties to the rift mechanic.

The rest of the plane I see as being the regular magic stuff. Birds, maybe aven, elementals perhaps, treefolk possibly, faeries, beasts, etc etc.
Last edited by Venedrex 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
{snip}
Not much more to say quite yet except I love all of this.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

One more important question: Where do humans fit in? There's no reason for there not to be human civilizations, although possibly outnumbered by the five big cultures - our only humanless plane that's seen a set is Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, and that's part of LorMoor's gimmick.

Venedrex

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
One more important question: Where do humans fit in? There's no reason for there not to be human civilizations, although possibly outnumbered by the five big cultures - our only humanless plane that's seen a set is Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, and that's part of LorMoor's gimmick.
They all fell off the edge. Just kidding.

Yeah, we probably should have humans.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

What if the main civilizations (the five enemy color pairs, that is) aren't species-homogeneous, but merely have a dominant majority species, with other members of those cultures being color-appropriate sentients? So we might see GU or UR faeries, WB aven, and humans everywhere.

Venedrex

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
What if the main civilizations (the five enemy color pairs, that is) aren't species-homogeneous, but merely have a dominant majority species, with other members of those cultures being color-appropriate sentients? So we might see GU or UR faeries, WB aven, and humans everywhere.
I like that idea a lot.

Do you think we should start putting together a list of species that are found on the world?

As of right now I think we have confirmed:
  • Soltari
  • Viashino
  • Dauthi
  • Thalakos
  • Elves
  • Humans

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Do you think we should start putting together a list of species that are found on the world?

• Soltari
  • Viashino
  • Dauthi
  • Thalakos
  • Elves
  • Humans
I think we should. Any must-have types (I do like aven for the setting, and any flying sapients make sense)? Any "no"s (i.e., maybe this is a world where goblins are replaced by something else)?

One more creature type thought: What if this plane's elves have four fingers on each hand to match the eight limbs of spiders, and what if they use a base-8 counting/numeral system?

Venedrex

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago

• Soltari
  • Viashino
  • Dauthi
  • Thalakos
  • Elves
  • Humans
I think we should. Any must-have types (I do like aven for the setting, and any flying sapients make sense)? Any "no"s (i.e., maybe this is a world where goblins are replaced by something else)?

One more creature type thought: What if this plane's elves have four fingers on each hand to match the eight limbs of spiders, and what if they use a base-8 counting/numeral system?
I like that idea for the elves, that is a neat way of distinguishing them. Yeah, I'll be thinking about what makes sense over the next couple of days or so.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Now that we've settled on some sort of "initiation" as the concept for the-mechanic-formerly-known-as-glorify, what do we actually want to call it? I hesitate to actually go with the word initiate for a couple reasons:

1) It has a separate (and actually more common) meaning that doesn't really have anything to do with what we're talking about.
2) It feels like something that only happens once, whereas we want to be able to "glorify" a creature more than once.
3) I can't think of a natural "pair word" -- we need a noun that goes well with it to be the subtype for the auras, a la lesson/learn

I don't really have any particular ideas at the moment, just figured I'd get some brainstorming started.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

This is a toughie! It might call for a multiword keyword action - "undergo an Initiation"?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
Leaving the names blank because (as far as I can tell) we haven't yet decided if we're going with any sort of naming theme (maybe a discussion for the creative thread) or just generic high fantasy.
I would say it is a discussion for here! We should figure out the overall name sound of the five main civilization races, and I like the idea that at least the humans of this plane adopt names based on the cultures they associate with, but that sound more "grounded" and are drawn from real-world historical/mythological names. For example, I might suggest that the viashino have multisyllabic, hard consonant names with no last name. A background character could be Vrixilak, a viashino explorer, and his human friend, an aeromancer, might be named Ambiorix.

I will note: We only know the name of one Rathi Soltari - the emissary Lyna, who met the Weatherlight crew. We know no canonical names of any individual Dauthi or Thalakos personages.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”