UBRG Commander

Candlemane
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Candlemane » 3 years ago

Since I built a Yidris deck that was mostly playing other people decks via copying their things, stealing them, or cloning permanents, I've wanted a UBRG commander that can do that. I don't like Yidris as the head of the deck, and I don't like any of the partners for it either. So I wanted to make on and get some opinions on what people would think if this was a card.

Algum, Paranoia Incarnate UBRG (needs a better name lol)
Legendary Creature - Illusion
At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player draws a card.
At end of your turn, ~ may become a copy of target creature on the battlefield.
If a spell or ability would target ~, you may have the controller of the creature ~ is a copying sacrifice it instead.

"I'll give you exactly what I want."
3/4

Thoughts? I was thinking for the second ability to allow the switch on the copy at the end of every turn to make it more akin to cards like Lazav which can trigger multiple times, but then I remembered thing like Blightsteel Colossus. Would that change be too good?
Paper EDH

Tameshi, Reality Architect
Sapling of Colfenor
Feather the Redeemed
Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor
Thalia and Gitrog
Xryis, the Writhing Storm

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Second ability gets it stuck permanently as whatever it copies, you need to add "It retains it's abilities" to the line, or add a time limiter. For it to work as intended, you need either a time limiter or use the doppelganger as a template.

"At the end of your turn, Algum becomes a copy of target creature on the battlefield, it retains all its abilities." Should work.

I don't think being able to switch every turn would be a problem, Vesuvan Doppelganger and similar creatures are not banned in commander after all, and they can copy Blightsteel Colossus just fine.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”