Arch-Cycle

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MonoRayJak » 3 years ago

Ok, so, long story short I'm making a custom set and was trying to think of the mythics of the set and I came up with an idea to have an Arch-something for each monocolor that has an ETB effect that's a big sorcery effect, such as:

Archangel of Ryrthik
Creature - Angel Cleric (M)
Flying, vigilance, lifelink
When Archangel of Ryrthik enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, each opponent chooses an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker from among the nonland permanents they control, and sacrifices the rest. You choose an artifact, a creature other than Archangel of Ryrthik, an enchantment, and a planeswalker from among the nonland permanents you control and sacrifice the rest except for Archangel of Ryrthik.
The holy light burns everything that these monsters were.
4/5

But then I ran into an issue... what do I use for red???
White has Archangel
Blue had Archmage
Black has Archdemon
Green has Archdruid

But what about red?
...........yeah..... any ideas?
I don't know what this is for.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Archtraitor is a rare but sometimes used description of historical people like Benedict Arnold or Judas. You could use that for an Insurrection type effect.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Red could have Archdevils or Archfiends. A few different kinds of creatures have been called fiends, so conceivably you could pick another. I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been a dragon that's been called a fiend yet; that's an option.

Fun fact: the Archosaurs, meaning ruling reptiles, are a geneological family that contains all dinosaurs and whose current living representatives are all birds and crocodilians, although a Dinosaur being called an Archosaur lined up against Archangels and Archwizards may or may not sound as impressive to those who know what it means.

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Archtraitor is a rare but sometimes used description of historical people like Benedict Arnold or Judas. You could use that for an Insurrection type effect.
That sounds like a good idea, plus it gives me a good starting point for the effect, thanks!

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Red could have Archdevils or Archfiends. A few different kinds of creatures have been called fiends, so conceivably you could pick another. I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been a dragon that's been called a fiend yet; that's an option.

Fun fact: the Archosaurs, meaning ruling reptiles, are a geneological family that contains all dinosaurs and whose current living representatives are all birds and crocodilians, although a Dinosaur being called an Archosaur lined up against Archangels and Archwizards may or may not sound as impressive to those who know what it means.
Archfiend does sound very interesting. And honestly, if the world I'm building had dinosaurs in any capacity I would absolutely call it an Archosaur just so I could imagine a red-aligned dinosaur being put in control of something because it sounds hilarious, thanks for the fun fact.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”