[Assorted] Sporegorger's Gorge: TFC (Triple-Faced) Elder Dragon + More

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Ugin, Tarkir Tourist

Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
+1: Create a colorless artifact token named Ugin's Luggage with ", , Sacrifice this artifact: Investigate, then create a Food token and a Treasure token."
-4: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors.
Morph
As Ugin, Tarkir Tourist is turned face up, put four loyalty counters on him and create four 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying.
Loyalty: 4
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Existential Dread
1ub
Instant (R)
Choose one-
-Counter target spell. Surveil 1.
-Target player draws two cards, then loses life equal to the number of cards they've drawn this turn.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Iname and Son

Legendary Creature - Spirit and Child (M)
When Iname and Son enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, search target player's library for up to two creature cards that are one or more colors and reveal them. An opponent chooses one. Its owner shuffles it into their library. Put the other onto the battlefield under your control.
When Iname and Son dies, you may exile it. If you do, choose up to two target creature cards in graveyards that are one or more colors. An opponent chooses one. Its owner shuffles it into their library. Put the other onto the battlefield under your control.
8/16

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

I love these designs (yes I went through all of them). Especially the extra silly ones. 300 0/2's lol

For Vlaryk just make it so he has a deck of spells he casts. Its silverborder so just say something like, "reveal cards from Vlaryk's deck until you reveal an ultimate spell. Cast it, then shuffle."

His ETB could be similar, "reveal cards from Vlaryk's deck until you reveal two special abilities plus one for each opponent beyond the first. Vlaryk gains those abilities."

This should be a for a multiplayer format like Archenemy I think. Or something like Hero's Path Cards

Sporegorger_Dragon

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them! (I was expecting a comment from you sooner or later).
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
For Vlaryk just make it so he has a deck of spells he casts. Its silverborder so just say something like, "reveal cards from Vlaryk's deck until you reveal an ultimate spell. Cast it, then shuffle."

His ETB could be similar, "reveal cards from Vlaryk's deck until you reveal two special abilities plus one for each opponent beyond the first. Vlaryk gains those abilities."
Well, that's already how he works, he has his Special Ability, Plus, Minus and Ultimate cards all on the side.

If you mean like shuffle them all together in one big deck, might be a bit too inconvenient to reveal cards every time until you get the one required. Better to have a little mini-deck for each.

In addition, your wording would make them copy an instant or sorcery, meaning the copy could be countered by Negate and such, plus trigger magecraft abilities, which is not the intent.

The current wording makes sure they stay loyalty abilities, plus is much shorter and also mirrors that of Urza, Academy Headmaster.

Pygyzy

I've been on hiatus you could say.

4 extra decks seems a bit much is what I'm saying that's why I suggested one deck. I guess maybe if they had different backs. Like I loved contraptions but I dislike having to carry around extra accesories to play my cards. That's why I'm not a huge fan of MDFCs but I understand I'm in the minority. Constant revealing would be annoying though too.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Oh, I see. Well you could mush them all up in one big pile if it's more convenient, as long as the result is random you don't really need four discrete decks at all times.

And yeah, I meant each deck would be easily distinguishable from the others, like being color-coded or having a big PLUS or MINUS stamped on the back. There not meant to go into your library.

But with four separate piles, you just reveal the top card each time you activate the corresponding ability, then you shuffle it back in. And the Special Ability deck would be used only when Vlaryk unfolds, and is then set aside as long as he remains face-up on the field.

There would also be a supplementary sheet or PDF with tables and you could just use dice/any appropriate randomizer to get a result.

I originally wanted to have the abilities in sets of 6 and 20, so they could be determined by the appropriate die if necessary, but things got, uh, a little out of hand.

Counter Sprite
u
Creature - Faerie (U)
Flying
u, : Put Counter Sprite on target permanent with a counter on it. It becomes a counter of that kind. (It's no longer a permanent.)
u, Sacrifice Counter Sprite: Counter target spell or ability that targets a permanent or spell you control that's a creature or planeswalker. Activate this ability only if Counter Sprite is a permanent.
1/1
Both counter and creature, in every sense of the word.

Art: Something like a colorful cough drop, round gemstone or even a laundry pod with a pair (or several) of floppy wings.

Pining Parrot
2ub
Creature - Zombie Bird (R)
Flying
As long as Pining Parrot is on the battlefield or in the graveyard, it is both on the battlefield and in the graveyard.
Pining Parrot can't block or be sacrificed.
1/1

Pygyzy

Ah very cool. I would definitely play him. I think I should mention my favorite commander deck rn is the Otrimj, the ever playful Enhanced Evolution deck that i customized to 5 color Surgeon General Commander. Its a blast to play for me and its filled with ridiculous things. I killed my opponent last night with an Infernius Spawnington III, Esq. equipped with Sword of Dungeons & Dragons. Vlaryk would be a great addition.

Counter Sprite is a licid for counters so I love it.

Pining Parrot is great.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Flying Spiny Pufferfish

Creature - Fish (U)
Flying
Flying Spiny Pufferfish can't block.
, Pay 2 life: Return Flying Spiny Pufferfish to its owner's hand.
2/1
==================
Toxic Blowfish Balloon
2ub
Creature - Fish (U)
Flying, deathtouch
Creature tokens you control have flying and deathtouch.
When Toxic Blowfish Balloon dies, return it to the battlefield transformed under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
2/3

Art:
Front side is an airborne spiky purple and orange-gold pufferfish with elongated fins acting as wings.
Back side is the same pufferfish but inflated to a much greater degree and being used as a hot-air balloon.

Note: This card is a modal double-faced card that can also transform.

EDIT: Added a mana cost to the activated ability on the front side.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Pygyzy

Thats gonna be a real pain to get rid of. Its pretty high on the power level but i think is fair.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Thats gonna be a real pain to get rid of. Its pretty high on the power level but i think is fair.
You know what? You're right, this thing will never go away. Better nerf it.

Pygyzy

That much more balanced. Great design.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Merry-Go-Round Nepenthes
3bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
When Merry-Go-Round Nepenthes enters the battlefield, choose left or right. Starting with the player nearest to you in the chosen direction and proceeding in that direction, assign each player one of the following in order, repeating as necessary until each other player has one.
=1/1 green Saproling
=2/2 blue Drake with flying
=2/2 black Nightmare Worm with menace
=4/4 green Fungus Dinosaur with trample
At the beginning of each other player's upkeep, that player creates a creature token with the assigned characteristics, then you create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of creature tokens that player control with those characteristics.
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a token that's a copy of target creature token you don't control.
4/4

Rollercoaster Nepenthes
4bgu
Creature - Plant (M)
At the end of your turn, Rollercoaster Nepenthes goes on a ride.
At the beginning of each other player's upkeep, untap Rollercoaster Nepenthes and all creatures on the ride, then that player chooses a creature they control and puts it on the ride.
A creature on the ride can't attack you or a planeswalker you control, and if it attacks, Rollercoaster Nepenthes and each other creature on the ride attack the same defending player or planeswalker if able.
At the beginning of your upkeep, all creatures disembark the ride, then you create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of creatures that disembarked.
4/6

Cheap Knock-Off Charm
bgu
Instant
Choose one-
-Target creature gets +3/-2 until end of turn.
-Destroy target artifact or enchantment with mana value 3 or less.
-Draw a card, then discard a card.
Splice onto instant or sorcery

Art: a pretty bauble in the style of Dromar's Charm, but clearly made from cheap plastic.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Jungle Cemetery
Creature - Plant (C)
When this creature dies,
Augment 1g
+2/+2

Climbing [] Pitcher-Plant Wall
1g
Host Creature - Plant Wall (C)
[] Defender, reach
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] draw a card.
0/3

Coconut [] Robber Crab
1u
Host Creature - Crab (C)
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] any number of players each mills three cards.
0/4

Extinct [] Golden Toad
1b
Host Creature - Frog (C)
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] for each opponent remove a counter from target permanent they control.
1/2

Note: The golden toad is extinct in our world because planeswalkers keep summoning them.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Zaki Azdhaka, Cosmic Nepenthes Tree
5bggu
Legendary Creature - Plant (M)
Reach
When Zaki Azdhaka, Cosmic Nepenthes Tree enters the battlefield or dies, choose any number of creature tokens you control with different art. For each of them, create a token that's a copy of it.
6/12

Sporegorger_Dragon

New Vlaryk Abilities:

Special Ability:
Semislug-Leaved Nepenthes Carousel
If an effect would create one or more tokens under your control, it creates triple that many of those tokens instead that enter battlefield tapped and don't untap during your next untap phase.

Ultimate:
Bloat-Pitcher Nepenthes Burst
Create X X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature tokens named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of tokens you control with different art.

Painted Pitcher-Plant
g
Creature - Plant (C)
T: Add g.
T: Add u or b. Painted Pitcher-Plant deals 1 damage to you.
Put a -1/-1 counter on Painted Pitcher-Plant: Untap Painted Pitcher-Plant.
0/2

Swing-Rider Nepenthes
4bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
Reach
At the beginning at each of each other player's upkeep, if that player controls any creatures with flying, Swing-Rider Nepenthes deals 1 damage to each of those creatures and you create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the damage dealt this way. If that player controls no creatures with flying, they discard a card and lose 1 life.
4/8

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ficus-Leaf Nepenthes
1bg
Creature - Plant (R)
T: For each color among permanents you control, add one mana of that color.
2bgg, T, Sacrifice Ficus-Leaf Nepenthes: Create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of creatures you control plus the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
1/3

Gondola-Wheel Nepenthes
2bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
When Gondola-Wheel Nepenthes enters the battlefield, choose left or right.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a gondola counter on a creature they control, then gives control of it to the next player in the chosen direction.
Creatures with gondola counters on them can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
When a creature with a gondola counter on it dies, its controller loses 1 life for each gondola counter on it, then its owner loses that much life.
2/5

Sporegorger_Dragon

Pixie-Pop Boyband
u
Creature - Faerie (U)
Leftbond (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature on its left when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
Rightbond (Same as above but for the right.)
As long as Pixie-Pop Boyband is paired with a creature on its left, that creature and Pixie-Pop Boyband have flying.
As long as Pixie-Pop Boyband is paired with a creature on its right, that creature and Pixie-Pop Boyband have ward 2.
1/1

Art: Tiny finger-sized brightly-colored pixies dressed up like futuristic pop-idols in fluorescent colors. They have headsets and bits of technology orbiting them.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Flep
1u
Creature - Faerie (U)
Flying
When Flep dies, create two Wing tokens. They're 0/1 blue Faerie artifact creatures with flying and "{1}, {T}, Sacrifice this creature: Put a flying counter on target creature that is 1/1."
4u, Exile Flep from your graveyard: Create three Wing tokens.
1/1

New Vlaryk Abilty:

Ultimate:
Multi-Nepenthes Tree Multimatum
For each player, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of cards in that player's library.
For each player, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of cards in that player's graveyard.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Roterodrone Nepenthes
bgu
Creature - Plant Drone (R)
Flash
Flying
When Roterodrone Nepenthes enters the battlefield, choose one-
-Counter target colorless or multicolored spell.
-Destroy target multicolored creature.
-Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
1/1

Art: A Nepenthes pitcher-plant with six of its pitchers modified into biological propellers, so it looks like like one of those flying hexacopter drones.

Smoothie-Blender Nepenthes
1bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
At the beginning of each end step, create an X/X black and green Ooze creature token, where X is the number of non-Ooze creatures you control that died plus the number of Food you sacrificed this turn.
1bgu, T, Sacrifice an Ooze: Create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the sacrificed creature's power plus its toughness. Activate only as a sorcery.
2/4

Sporegorger_Dragon

Hermit [] Pitcher-Plant
2gg
Host Creature - Plant (C)
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] create four 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
1/1

Budding [] Pitcher-Plant
1ug
Host Creature - Plant (U)
When this creature enters the battlefield,
===============================
choose one-
-Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
-Populate.
-Proliferate.
1/2

Splitting [] Pitcher-Plant

When this creature enters the battlefield, [] if this creature is not a token, create two tokens that are copies of it. Otherwise, create a 0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender
1/1

Vlaryk's Gunkshrub
1{U/B}{G}
Creature - Plant Fungus Weird (U)
Whenever Vlaryk's Gunkshrub deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create that many 0/2 green Plant creature tokens with reach and defender and put that many loyalty counters on a Vlaryk planeswalker you control.
2/3

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mango-Leaf Nepenthes
1g
Creature - Plant (C)
When Mango-Leaf Nepenthes enters the battlefield or dies, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token or a 0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender.
1/1

Sewer [] Pitcher-Plant
1bg
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] create a tapped 2/2 Nightmare Worm creature token with menace.
[]2bg: Return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Activate only if a creature token died this turn.
1/1

Multiversal Space-Station Nepenthes
3bgu
Creature - Plant (M)
Flash
Flying
When Multiversal Space-Station Nepenthes enters the battlefield, choose one-
-Destroy target monocolored creature or monocolored planeswalker.
-Counter target monocolored spell.
Then create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the mana value of that spell or permanent.
2/6

Art: The International Space Station, but made up of pitcher-plants.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Symbiotic [] Pitcher-Plant
2g
Host Creature - Plant (C)
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
1/1

Loquat-Leaved [] Pitcher-Plant
3gg
Host Creature - Plant (R)
When this creature enters the battlefield, [] create four 0/2 green Plant creature tokens with reach and defender.
[]1g, Sacrifice a Plant with defender: You draw a card and gain 2 life.
3/3

Pitcher Collector
3b
Creature - Faerie Druid (U)
Flying
When Pitcher Collector enters the battlefield, create two 0/2 green Plant creature tokens with reach and defender.
When Pitcher Collector dies, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2/1

Sporegorger_Dragon

Gumball-Machine Nepenthes

Creature - Plant
2, Sacrifice a token: Create a creature token of one of the following at random. Any player may activate this ability but only as a sorcery.
=0/4 white Snail.
=1/1 blue Jellyfish with hexproof.
=X/3 black Ooze, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
=2/1 red Weird with haste.
=0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender.
2/4

Sporebloom Moldmage

Creature - Fungus Warlock (U)
1bg: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
2gu: Populate.
4ub: Target player mills two cards. Surveil 2.
2/2

Note: This is supposed to be a Sultai/Zagoth guildmage.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Vending-Machine Nepenthes
1bgu
Creature - Plant
3, Sacrifice a non-Food token: Choose one. Any player may activate this ability but only as a sorcery.
-Put a lifelink counter on target creature.
-You draw a card and lose 1 life.
-Create two tapped Treasure tokens.
-Create two Food tokens.
-Create two 0/2 green Plant creature tokens with reach and defender.
3/4

Wizened Shellmage
2g
Creature - Turtle Druid (U)
b, T: Target creature gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
g, T: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
u, T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
2/2

Note: This is the Sultai/Zagoth battlemage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”