[OAO] Tierence the Arrogant / Tierence the Humbled

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Tierence the Arrogant -- 3UB
Planeswalker - Tierence
Each turn, players can't cast spells unless they have a higher converted mana cost than the last spell played that turn. (At the start of the turn, players can cast any spell they want.)
+1: Draw a card if you cast the spell with the highest converted mana cost this turn.
0: Tierence and up to one target planeswalker lose all abilities until the end of the next turn.
-5: Each other player loses life equal to the total converted mana cost of spells they have cast this turn.

Tierence, the Humbled -- 3UW
Planeswalker- Tierence
Each turn, players can't cast spells unless they have a lower converted mana cost than the last spell played that turn. (At the start of the turn, players can cast any spell they want.)
+2: Up to one target creature's power becomes zero until the end of turn.
0: Tierence and up to one target planeswalker lose all abilities until the end of the next turn.
-5: Gain an emblem with "You can't be targeted by spells with converted mana cost greater than Tierence's loyalty, or attacked by creatures with greater power."

Ignoring some power level and balance issues, I'm really intrigued by the duality of these Planeswalkers. Since I've posted them without context, which aspect of Tierence do you think would have developed first?

Also, this was a really cool way to create and restrict two different abilities (limiting which spells could be cast) that absolutely, positively, should not exist on the battlefield at the same time. There are two other methods that I could have used -- one old and obsolete, and one fairly new. Can you think what they are? What other methods can you come up with?

Return to “Custom Cards”