Take Back Time

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Hey again y'all,

I'm back. Sorry I disappeared. Oops.

Time is like an old friend. It shows up randomly and borrows your stuff. Here's some time cards.

Time Card 4
Artifact (R)
T: Check your watch — Choose the mode equal to the minute, rounded down to the nearest ten.
00 — Add W. Gain 3 life.
10 — Add U. Draw a card.
20 — Add B. Destroy target token.
30 — Add R. Destroy target artifact.
40 — Add g. Untap target land.
50 — Choose another mode.

Taking Back Someday 1UR
Sorcery (R)
Choose a day of the week at random. If you chose today, take an extra turn.
"Tomorrow is your lucky day."

Day of Groundhogs 2WB
Enchantment
Creatures can't attack or block, and their activated abilities can't be activated, except for the first or last action they performed. (Whatever they do, they can only do that and nothing else.)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
I'm back. Sorry I disappeared. Oops.
It's fine, you gotta take care of you. I've wound down my activities significantly since learning about the systemic racism at WotC; it's hard to feel super jazzed about Magic since then. We also all have personal lives and aren't obliged to be posting on a forum on the regular.
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Time Card 4
Artifact (R)
T: Check your watch — Choose the mode equal to the minute, rounded down to the nearest ten.
00 — Add W. Gain 3 life.
10 — Add U. Draw a card.
20 — Add B. Destroy target token.
30 — Add R. Destroy target artifact.
40 — Add g. Untap target land.
50 — Choose another mode.
Time Card is funny and interesting. Seems fine.
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Taking Back Someday 1UR
Sorcery (R)
Choose a day of the week at random. If you chose today, take an extra turn.
"Tomorrow is your lucky day."
Taking Back Someday isn't really worth playing. 6 out of 7 times, it does nothing at all. After I have cast four of these and spent 12 mana on them in total, there's still a 53% chance nothing at all has happened. I suggest finding something for this card to do always.
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Day of Groundhogs 2WB
Enchantment
Creatures can't attack or block, and their activated abilities can't be activated, except for the first or last action they performed. (Whatever they do, they can only do that and nothing else.)
I'm not sure how to parse this, especially since "action" isn't defined in the rules.

I think you mean that, if a creature has done one of these things (attack, block, or activate abilities), then it can do that thing if it was the first thing the creature did, and it can do that thing if it was the most recent thing the creature did. But there's a memory issue there:" what did I use that specific Llanowar elves for two turns ago? I don't remember. Also, your reminder text seems to imply that if I haven't done anything with this creature, I can still choose a thing, and then do that thing, and then that's all it can do? How's this handle multiple activated abilities?

All of these questions are really unclear to me, and I'm not sure the card would work very well in the rules or even in silver border. I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Thanks Spacemonaut.

How about this for day of groundhog.

When a creature attacks, blocks, or activates an ability, if it attacked, it can't block or activate abilities. If it blocked, it can't attack or activate abilities. If it activated an ability, it can't attack or block, and it can't activate it's other activated abilities. This effect continues as long as this is on the battlefield.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”