Sarat Spiritcaller

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Sarat Spiritcaller --
Creature - Sarat Shaman
, : Create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying and haste until Sarat Spiritcaller becomes untapped or leaves play.
1/1

Okay, does the "create ... until" syntax make sense?

Written out, it would be "create a token ... When Sarat Spiritcaller becomes untapped or leaves play, exile that token." I don't foresee any unusual interactions.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

You can certainly define "create...until" to mean "create...exile the token when..." - there's no precedent for it.

What's a Sarat, and why are they white-aligned but have Shamans instead of, e.g., Clerics?

The hasty token is technically a pie bend but since, mechanically, it's a lot like the existing creature "becoming" the token, it's excusable. Power level looks OK since your big beater has effectively 1 toughness to removal spells.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Sarat is a fantasy race in line with the Benalish, Kor, etc. It could be a Cleric, sure.

I was riffing a little off of Geist of Saint Traft with this one. (Hey, that's a Cleric, too!) One less blue for -1/-1 and no hexproof? Plus an activation cost?

You've got the flavor reason behind the haste down. Good to know that came through!

Warp Agony --
Instant
Tap target creature. It gets -2/-2 until it becomes untapped.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Warp Agony's "until" makes a lot more sense.

Tapping in black is definitely out of color though. The only examples of it are really old, in Planar Chaos, or Stabbing Pain, which is something that Mark cites as one of a few new cards in post-M10 core sets that were randomly out of color (Fleshpulper Giant is another good example).
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”