Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Attachments
Galvanize.jpg
Electric Sheep.jpg
Away Team.jpg
Last edited by Legend 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Legend
Aethernaut

Two Commons and an Uncommon
Attachments
Pattern for Conquest.jpg
Missing Expedition.jpg
Assimilation.jpg
Last edited by Legend 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

Legend
Aethernaut

Two Uncommons and a Rare
Attachments
We the Machine.jpg
Lunar Excavator.jpg
Prototron.jpg
Last edited by Legend 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

Synthetic dreams, red doesn't really make permanent copies. Specifically token copying has been put into white green due to white being the token color and green being the clone your own creatures color. Other than making it an artifact there is nothing red about this card.

Away Team, this reminder text should really just be rules text. You can see that this has been shortcut on food cards by saying create a food but that is beacuse they made a subtype and defined what it is. Making a named token can't have the same effect.

Missing expedition, red making a lot of tokens is strange. Its not unwarranted but it is strange.

Vector Force, bigger heroic reinformence is very powerful. Probably fine but a card to watch.

Lunar Excavator, this should be you may. I don't know if uou will have artifacts you'll want to keep either because of their own effect or recursion but you should feel punished by attacking.

Pattern for Conquest, I really liked the make a token them populate cards. This is a find addition to their roster.

Mortal Engines, this is how red should make a lot of tokens. I see thst these tokens are a major red/white theme. It feels off to make so many tokens in red. To stay more in color red's tokens should mostly or exclusively be made by instants and sorcerys. That will help define the identity.

Legend
Aethernaut

user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
Synthetic dreams, red doesn't really make permanent copies. Specifically token copying has been put into white green due to white being the token color and green being the clone your own creatures color. Other than making it an artifact there is nothing red about this card.
Red has populate. I've added a link to the OP to remind people.
user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
Away Team, this reminder text should really just be rules text. You can see that this has been shortcut on food cards by saying create a food but that is beacuse they made a subtype and defined what it is. Making a named token can't have the same effect.
What I need is a token with a mana cost. If I take it out of reminder text, will I lose that part? Heck, can a token even have a casting cost? I know they don't have them normally, but can they be "given" one by spelling it out in rules (or reminder) text?

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 3 years ago

Can you use the legendary wording like "Create Thermal Navigator, a 2/2 colorless Construct artifact creature token with a mana cost of 3 and "Sacrifice an artifact: This creature gains flying until end of turn."

Edit to tighten up
B O V I N E

Legend
Aethernaut

user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
this reminder text should really just be rules text
BOVINE wrote:
3 years ago
Can you use the legendary wording like "Create Thermal Navigator, a 2/2 colorless Construct artifact creature token with a mana cost of 3 and "Sacrifice an artifact: This creature gains flying until end of turn."
I ditched the whole Thermal Navigator token in favor of a custom mechanic.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

I suggest more assemble reminder text even on the cards that create the tokens. Since there are more token creators than cards that come with inherent assemble you will want to get that reminder text out there.

I'm happy Thermal Navigator tokens are gone. They were overly complex to mesh with other themes, but didn't serve the individual cards well.

I suggest avoiding 2/2 on nontoken cards with assemble. You have so many tokens that you already provide all the cards one would want at that size.

I imagine using the chance to get a cheap assembler in but at e. g. 0/4 might add a lot more.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

How does assemble work exactly?
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Legend
Aethernaut

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
3 years ago
I thought it was obvious. Do you really not understand?

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

Legend wrote:
3 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
3 years ago
I thought it was obvious. Do you really not understand?
Enlighten me. How does it work? Is it like mutate? How does it interact with banding? How does removal work against an "assembly"? Do their stats stack up to a sum or are the assemblies 2/2's regardless of how many creatures assembled?

Your reminder text does not make it obvious.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”