Just some Silver Border Silliness.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

I had an inspiration while I was preparing my lunch, so here you have it.

Chicken Coup 3WB
Instant
Create two 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying.
Destroy target tapped creature, it can't be regenerated.
You become the monarch.

As always, comments, critiques, and constructive criticism is welcomed.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

I read this and thought "...What...?" Went back and reread it and actually laughed out loud for a bit. Those nearby by looked at me strangely.

Critiques on the card. Why is this black? Which part do you think requires or feels black?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
I read this and thought "...What...?" Went back and reread it and actually laughed out loud for a bit. Those nearby by looked at me strangely.

Critiques on the card. Why is this black? Which part do you think requires or feels black?
The second ability, it's basically Assassinate. Also, glad you liked the pun. :grin:

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

user_938036

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
The second ability, it's basically Assassinate. Also, glad you liked the pun. :grin:
While black has destroyed the occasional tapped creature(6 cards, all many years old) this is because black can destroy any creature. However, white destroys creatures with a restriction and a common restriction is tapped(12 cards, 3 standard legal, 16/5 if we count exile). This is an extension of white's destroy attacking creatures. "If you're tapped, you probably attacked"

On a similar note. Why can't be regenerated? This has been discontinued and not a single card that destroys tapped creatures stops regeneration.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Two things bother me here:
1) Nothing about this card is silver bordered apart from a silly name.
2) "Coup" isn't a homophone of "Coop".
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

user_938036

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
This is true but "cou" and "coo" sound the same so most people make the mistake that they are the same. Nobody expects the silent "p".

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
True, but the joke is the spelling.
user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
While black has destroyed the occasional tapped creature(6 cards, all many years old) this is because black can destroy any creature. However, white destroys creatures with a restriction and a common restriction is tapped(12 cards, 3 standard legal, 16/5 if we count exile). This is an extension of white's destroy attacking creatures. "If you're tapped, you probably attacked"

On a similar note. Why can't be regenerated? This has been discontinued and not a single card that destroys tapped creatures stops regeneration.
It is black for flavor reasons, and just because WotC has stopped using Regenerate, it does not mean it is discontinued, as far as I am aware only "substance" and "landhome" are discontinued, as in removed from the rules. Regenerate is still fair game for non standard legal sets.

The issue with Regeneration, in my not so humble opinion, is that WotC decided to remove the regeneration step from combat in sixth edition in an attempt to simplify the rules, thus changing how the mechanic worked, and in turn creating the current rules nightmare and flavor fail of the mechanic. An issue that is extremely easily fixed by just adding the damn step back into combat. But i digress and am drifting from the topic at hand.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”