Going on (another) adventure.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

So, I keep playing around with the Adventure mechanic, and I keep coming up with new things to do with it.

Countryside Torcher 5RR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Improvise
Flying, Menace
1R: Countryside Torcher gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
5/4
//
Loot the Hoard 2R
Sorcery - Adventure (R)
Create two treasure tokens.

I am not quite happy with the dragon half of this card. Any ideas on how to improve it? It can't have to much text due to the constraints of the adventure frame.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

It's Smaug!

Flavorwise this works. Mechanically? Treasures don't play nice with improvise and improvise on the creature half feels really bizarre anyhow. I would drop it - Treasures + expensive fatty is already an obvious play pattern - and give the creature side an ability caring about artifacts if you want.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
It's Smaug!

Flavorwise this works. Mechanically? Treasures don't play nice with improvise and improvise on the creature half feels really bizarre anyhow. I would drop it - Treasures + expensive fatty is already an obvious play pattern - and give the creature side an ability caring about artifacts if you want.
I want to give the creature side an ability that cares about artifacts, but I kept failing to come up with something that was short enough to fit on the card, thus why I defaulted to Improvise and why I am not happy with the creature side. :(

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Rip off Atog instead of using bad-firebreathing. "Sacrifice an artifact: This gets +2/+0 until end of turn."
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Rip off Atog instead of using bad-firebreathing. "Sacrifice an artifact: This gets +2/+0 until end of turn."
That's actually a really good idea. Something like:

Countryside Torcher 5RR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying, Menace
Sacrifice an artifact: Countryside Torcher gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
5/4
//
Loot the Hoard 2R
Sorcery - Adventure (R)
Create two treasure tokens.

It also works really well with Menace, "you'd better block this or you're going to take a lot of damage, but get ready to lose your blockers" kinda deal.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

This gave me an idea for a totally separate spin on a dragon foreshadowed by treasures.

Treasurehoard Dragon 4RR
Creature — Dragon
Flying
Treasurehoard Dragon gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control.
2, Reveal Treasurehorde Dragon from your hand: Create a treasure token.
3/3

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”