I design your Un-card idea (Prize inside!)

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

As a thank you to everyone who helps with this project, once it's finished I'd be more than happy to send a card of your choice to you (Pending Mod approval). Or if you have suggestions for an Un-card style that you like (like how Drew Hairy plays Price is Right) i can do that as well. Tell me an idea for uncard you'd like and I'll make it. Gonna start a thread for it actually.

I work with an artist so they have art. Nothing fancy pretty much Mystery Booster style. I don't have any examples of ones I've already done since I gave them all out but I can ask my friends to send a pic.
I design games for fun (Last one I designed 50 new campaigns for Betrayal at House on the Hill, complete with new rooms, weapons, omens, characters and new theme) but they're no fun if no one plays em so I really appreciate y'all.
Tell me an Uncard idea you'd like to see and I'll come up with a design for it.

Here's what I consider the best designed card so far, with help. I need more designs like this. Akroma, show them what they could win!

Drew Hairy 1UBR
Legendary Creature - Sasquatch
Drew Hairy gets +1/+1 for each Treasure on the battlefield.
Whenever a Treasure leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Drew.
4: Look at the top card of your library. You may choose a creature type and reveal that card covering the art. Each opponent guesses how many creatures of that type are in that card's art. They can't choose zero or the same number twice. Reveal the art. You and the opponent who guessed closest without going over, each create a number of Treasure tokens equal to the number they guessed.
3/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I was given permission by a mod so contributors to this thread who also help with my set will get a custom Uncard. Rules and regulations may apply. Gonna cap it at 10 for now.
So far I have these people that can get a card:
@void_nothing
@Ryder
@user_938036
@Feyd_Ruin
@spacemonaut
@SecretInfiltrator

Void_Nothing
The Nihilist WB
Legendary Creature — Skeleton Spirit
T: Exile target creature's text box. You may replace it with another text box you've exiled with permanents named Void_Nothing.
2/1

Ryder
Friend1
Legendary Creature — Shapeshifter
What is it? — Choose a color or combination of colors before the game starts. Ryder starts the game as the chosen colors.
As you cast Ryder, roll a six-sided die. The in Ryder's mana cost corresponds one through five increasing, to the symbol in the mana wheel going in white, blue, black, red, and green order. Six is C. Reroll any other result. Cast Ryder only if you didn't rewind paying his mana cost this turn.
When Ryder enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a creature type at random you haven't already chosen. All creatures in all zones are that type in addition to their other types for the rest of the game.
1/3

Feyd_Ruin
Not Rod Stewart BR
Legendary Creature - Musician Noble
Deathstrike (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to exile it.)
T: Just a second. If Feyd_Ruin is on the battlefield, flip him onto the battlefield from a height of at least three feet. If he turns over completely at least once during the flip, he deals 1 damage to all creatures he touches.
1/1

user_938036
World's Most Phyrexian Horror
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Horror
Cousin (As you cast this card, you may reveal any number of permanent cards in your hand with Phyrexian or Horror in their text. This creature gains each revealed card's text.)
7/7

Secret_Infiltrator
Jub, Salt of the EarthWUG
Legendary Creature — Slug Police
You choose the choices for cards with "random" in their text. (All choices must be legal.)
3/3

Spacemonaut
The Rocket Ass 2RG
Legendary Creature - Ass Astronaut
1R: Another target creature gains velocity until end of turn. (It can't block or be blocked except by creatures with flying or velocity.)
1G: Destroy target creature with velocity.
RG: Spacemonaut gains velocity.
2: Spacemonaut loses velocity. Spacemonaut deals 2 damage to each creature without flying or velocity. Activate this ability only if spacemonaut has velocity.
2/2

Just random ideas.
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 75 times in total.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

So there may or may not still be these easter eggs on MTGSalvation:

Unfortunately, some reference inside jokes that might be lost on others, but it seemed quite topical to what you're doing, and some of these are a bit dated anyways.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Pygyzy

@Feyd_Ruin

Oh cool thanks. I will check that out. I know y'all have done something like this before but I wasn't a part of it. I was gonna try to search the forums for reference.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The Bone Locker 6
Legendary Arrtifact — Pirate Booty
2W, T: Search your library for a Head card and play it tapped.
2U, T: Search your library for a Brain card and play it tapped.
2B, T: Search your library for a Torso card and play it tapped.
2R, T: Search your library for a Heart card and play it tapped.
2G, T: Search your library for an Appendage card and play it tapped.

New rule: Search means shuffle. Using play instead of put on battlefield.

One-Eyed What's-Their-Name W
Arrtifact - Pirate Head
T: Target opponent chooses a card in their hand at random. Look at that card. You may reveal that card if you shut one eye and keep it revealed for as long as you keep that eye shut.

Bright, Young, Up-and-Comer 1UU
Arrtifact - Pirate Brain
T: Target opppnent chooses a card in your library. Draw that card. If you're wearing a pirate hat, look at that card before you draw it. You may have that player choose another card. If you do, draw the last chosen card instead of the first.

Bravest Ever Known 3B
Arrtifact - Pirate Torso
T: Each player puts a -1/-1 counter on a creature they control of an opponents choice. If you're wearing a Jolly Roger, each player puts a -1/-1 counter on a creature they control of your choice.

My Dearest 1R
Arrtifact - Pirate Heart
T: Target creature gains an opponents choice of chaste or goaded for as long as My Dearest remains tapped and as long as you talk in a pirate voice. You may choose not to untap My Dearest during your untap step.

At Your Disposal 2G
Arrtifact - Pirate Appendage
T: Untap target nonappendage permanent you control of an opponents choice. If you're wearing jewelry on your wrist, ankle, fingers or toes, untap two target nonappendage permanents you control of an opppnents choice.

They're making another one?!? WUBRG
Sorcery
If you control a Head, Brain, Torso, Heart, and Appendage as you cast this, are wearing a Jolly Roger, pirate hat and jewelry, have at least one eye shut and have been talking in a pirate voice continuously since the beginning of the turn, create Jacques, a 21/21 legendary blue, red, and black Pirate creature token with, "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, they concede the game."
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Hey, I like my card. :P

The "exile target creature's text box" mechanic and the "replace that text box" mechanic on void_nothing's card both seem real neat.

Pygyzy

I'm working on a mock up for it.
For those concerned, I learned how to sterilize magic cards. I can either use a UV light or laminate it and wipe it down with alcohol. Whichever you prefer.

How could I forget

Pygyzy, The Forgetful UBR
Legendary Creature — Elephant Dinosaur
Nonsense (Nonsense is meaningless.)
Intractable (This creature has protection from each opponent that controls an Advisor creature.)
Whenever an opponent misses a trigger, put a +1/+1 counter on Pygyzy, The Forgetful.
Whenever you miss a trigger, each opponent puts a +1/+1 counter on a creature they control.
4/4

Edit: Oh and anyone had any specific requests for anything in particular you'd want in art or on the card I can do so to the best of my capabilities. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna conceptualize a few of these actually. Heh.

I was thinking for The Nihilist is full art frameless borderless and it's rules text is written in a watermark, wherever you want. I could write the text as the border if you wanted.

Pygyzy

@void_nothing @spacemonaut your cards have been sent to the artist and should be mostly done by the end of this weekend. I'm also making mine.

@Rithaniel @folding_music @chochky @Lorn Asbord Schutta I'm working on some concepts for y'all.

Anybody else wants one there's only 2 more spots left. O wait mods don't count towards the 10 max and neither do I.Gotta recount. There's plenty of spots left lol.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Chochky 5
Legendary Artifact Creature — Doll
Indestructible
Q: Tap Chochky.
0/1

Folding_Music UR
Legendary Creature — Human Conductor
T: Point at target nonlegendary creature. Then point at another target nonlegendary creature controlled by the same player. You may point again at the first. The first pointed creature becomes a copy of the second until end of turn. If you pointed a third time, they fight.
2/3

Rithaniel wwrrgg
Legendary Creature — Goblin Human
Cousin (As you cast this card, you may reveal any number of permanent cards with Human or Goblin in their text. If you do, this creature gains their text.)
Squint, smile: Rithaniel gains menace until end of turn.
All other creatures are Goblin Human creatures instead of their normal creature types, if it's evening.
T: Gain control of target Goblin or Human creature until end of turn, if it's after noon.
6/6

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Legendary Creature — Vampire Noble
Shadow, flying, goaded
Other Vampire creatures you control get +1/+1 and have flying.
Other Noble creature you control get +1/+1 and have shadow.
Other creatures you control with an ability that gives +1/+1 and/or a keyword to a creature type, get +2/+2.
3/3
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Pygyzy

Hey y'all. First drafts are in and they're awesome.
void_nothing's The Bone Ghost
Show
Hide

Pygyzy

Hey everybody final submissions are being put in. I was able to get 12 made. I've made a few changes to some of the cards.

Got a couple more to post but will do that a little later.

Pygyzy

The final art has come back. I'm too busy to post atm. I have to work on formatting them still. If I made a card for you you'll get one, it might not be the card I posted in all cases in which case it'll be better. There's still a possibility for other people to get one, just not a new unique one but it just depends on what I can do. Will start sending messages to people with cards but it'll be later this evening.

Pygyzy

The cards are more or less finalized just minor details but ugh if I told you how my month has been you would think I'm lying so if you want your card just message me. I'm trying to get them out but since this is a hobby for me it's low on the list of priorities. If you poke me tho I'll be more likely to send it out. It would literally take me a few minutes but ugh I'm having a time I tell you what.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”