Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Confessor X XBRG
Legendary Creature — Ass Skeleton Missionary
Confessor X ETB with X verse counters on him.
All X's are equal to the number of verse counters on Confessor.
X costs cost 0 instead of X.
"Tell me again what you just said but the way I told you."
3+X/3+X
Codename Major Ass XBRG
Legendary Creature — Ass Hydra
Codename Major Ass enters the battlefield with X ass counters.
If an spell or ability would use X to define a value, it uses the number of ass counters on Codename instead.
3+X/3+X

Sustain Ecology UU
Enchantment
Flash
When Sustain Ecology ETB, exile target spell with fire or water in it's art.
Opponents can't cast spells with fire or water in their art.
When Sustain Ecology LTB, return the exiled card to its owner hand.

Ball and Chain W
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control and creature you don't control
Chasten both enchanted creatures. (Chaste creatures can't attack or block and their activated abilities can't be activated.)
Both enchanted creatures gains soulbond, are paired to the other enchanted creature, and gain, "When this creature becomes unpaired, sacrifice it.".

Interplanar Phonebook 4
Artifact
4, T: Choose the name of a creature. Target player shuffles their library. Choose a card from it and reveal it. If it's the named card, put it onto the battlefield under your control.
"Hello? Yes, is this R. Rats? I'm calling because the warranty on your Thrumming Stone has expired. Has it been rippling ok?" — Flomus Skreek, Tolarian Customer Service
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 14 times in total.

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

Do Without 2W
Sorcery
Each player chooses a nonland permanent they control. You may say, "Duck." or "Goose.". If you say duck, each player chooses another nonland permanent they control they haven't already chosen this way. Repeat this until you say, "Goose." or a player can't make another choice. Each player sacrifices their chosen goose.

Off!!! 2R
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses the name of a creature they control. Reveal them. The named creatures fight. If a creature fought this way and didn't die, its controller creates a Treasure token.

Ryder
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ryder » 3 years ago

Pretty fun Un-cards. They could use some templating though :)

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Ryder wrote:
3 years ago
Pretty fun Un-cards. They could use some templating though :)
Thanks. Fun is my first goal. I'm planning on proxying these and actually playing with them. Templating is definitely difficult for Un cards. Some of them are so frustrating but with everyone's help here I've been able to get a lot of em to function the way I'd hoped.

Gonna start moving all these to the create a set and flesh it out more so any comments help immensely. I'm not the best at rules. I just go, " hey that could be cool I wonder if it could work" a lot of times it doesn't but I usually at least get something out of it, if not what I originally intended.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

I would like to help with templating.

Confessor X XBRG
Legendary Creature — Ass Skeleton Berserker (This wants to be a hydra so bad)
~ enters the battlefield with X verse counters.
If an effect or ability would use X to define a value it uses the number of verse counters on ~ instead.
3+X/3+X

Sustain Ecology, Template is fine but this is fairly strong for what is supposed to be a fun card. Because so many red cards feature fire it isn't unreasonable for this to just shut down a player completely.

Ball and Chain W
Enchantment - Binding(It's better to make a new type that can attach to two permanents then allow normal auras to do that.)
Enchanted creatures are Chaste(They can't attack or block, their activated abilities can't be activated, and they can't be used to pay for costs{This little bit is just a bit of extra-functional flavor on the card})
If either creature would leave play the other goes with it(This is the kind of vague fun stuff you can do in unsets.)

Interplanar Phonebook 4
Artifact
4, T:Choose a creature card name. Target player shuffles and spreads their deck in front of you. Pick a card and reveal it. If it's the named card, put it onto the battlefield under your control. That player shuffles their library. (You want the wording to make it obvious that you choose from anywhere in their deck and spreading makes it easy.)

Do Without 2W
Each player chooses a nonland permanent they control that they haven't previously chosen. Say "Duck" or "Goose". If you say "Duck" repeat this process. If you say "Goose" each player sacrifices the chosen cards. (Your wording causes problems if the caster doesn't have any nonland permanents which can be fairly common.)

Off!! 2R
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a creature they control, then all players reveal their choice simultaneously. The chosen creatures fight. At the end of turn, each player who still controls their chosen creature creates a Treasure token. (You need a delayed trigger because creatures don't die in fights.)

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
I would like to help with templating.

Confessor X XBRG
Legendary Creature — Ass Skeleton Berserker (This wants to be a hydra so bad)
~ enters the battlefield with X verse counters.
If an effect or ability would use X to define a value it uses the number of verse counters on ~ instead.
3+X/3+X

Sustain Ecology, Template is fine but this is fairly strong for what is supposed to be a fun card. Because so many red cards feature fire it isn't unreasonable for this to just shut down a player completely.

Ball and Chain W
Enchantment - Binding(It's better to make a new type that can attach to two permanents then allow normal auras to do that.)
Enchanted creatures are Chaste(They can't attack or block, their activated abilities can't be activated, and they can't be used to pay for costs{This little bit is just a bit of extra-functional flavor on the card})
If either creature would leave play the other goes with it(This is the kind of vague fun stuff you can do in unsets.)

Interplanar Phonebook 4
Artifact
4, T:Choose a creature card name. Target player shuffles and spreads their deck in front of you. Pick a card and reveal it. If it's the named card, put it onto the battlefield under your control. That player shuffles their library. (You want the wording to make it obvious that you choose from anywhere in their deck and spreading makes it easy.)

Do Without 2W
Each player chooses a nonland permanent they control that they haven't previously chosen. Say "Duck" or "Goose". If you say "Duck" repeat this process. If you say "Goose" each player sacrifices the chosen cards. (Your wording causes problems if the caster doesn't have any nonland permanents which can be fairly common.)

Off!! 2R
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a creature they control, then all players reveal their choice simultaneously. The chosen creatures fight. At the end of turn, each player who still controls their chosen creature creates a Treasure token. (You need a delayed trigger because creatures don't die in fights.)
Thank you so much. You, spacemonaut, void_nothing, Ryder and anyone else I might have missed have been such an immense help. This set is my baby and although it's just a personal project since I plan on actually making and playing with these cards, proper balance and templating is critical.

These cards should be fun for everyone (although a few designs are fun for me because they're intended to be irritating hehe). Part of the reason I like to make them is they're supposed to be like the holiday cards. I like to give them to my friends.

As a thank you to everyone who helps with this project, once it's finished I'd be more than happy to send a card of your choice to you (Pending Mod approval). Or if you have suggestions for an Un-card style that you like (like how Drew Hairy plays Price is Right) i can do that as well. Tell me an idea for uncard you'd like and I'll make it. Gonna start a thread for it actually.

I work with an artist so they have art. Nothing fancy pretty much Mystery Booster style. I don't have any examples of ones I've already done since I gave them all out but I can ask my friends to send a pic.
I design games for fun (Last one I designed 50 new campaigns for Betrayal at House on the Hill, complete with new rooms, weapons, omens, characters and new theme) but they're no fun if no one plays em so I really appreciate y'all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”