Red Sccoze, Booze

Odendin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Odendin » 3 years ago

Batch Ooze 1R
Creature - Ooze
Batch Ooze's power is equal to the number of Batch Ooze you control.
2R: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was an instant or sorcery card, create a token that's a copy of Batch Ooze.
*/2

I originally had "R: Exile ins/sorry put +1/c on Booze and deal 1 dmg to ?" But I like this.

Odendin

I'll just post others here, too.

Time Flies 1uu
Creature - Faerie Wizard
Flash, flying
When Time Flies enters the battlefield, target player skips the next phase of their turn.
3/1

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Odendin wrote:
3 years ago
Batch Ooze 1R
Creature - Ooze
Batch Ooze's power is equal to the number of Batch Ooze you control.
2R: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was an instant or sorcery card, create a token that's a copy of Batch Ooze.
*/2

I originally had "R: Exile ins/sorry put +1/c on Booze and deal 1 dmg to ?" But I like this.
I'd add 1 to the cost, make it "Batch Ooze gets +1/+0 for each Ooze you control" to give it tribal synergy, and deal 1 damage to target player. However, removing cards from any graveyard does not feel red so I'd rework that. If it only removed instants/sorceries from your graveyard it'd be ok, I'd try, "Exile target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard. If you do, you may copy it and cast the copy this turn."
Odendin wrote:
3 years ago
I'll just post others here, too.

Time Flies 1uu
Creature - Faerie Wizard
Flash, flying
When Time Flies enters the battlefield, target player skips the next phase of their turn.
3/1
Potentially extremely abusable with blink effects. I'd be very wary of this card as it could lead to extremely unfun repetitive games. Not as good in multiplayer but 1v1 extremely busted. Remember cloudshift and thragtusk? This could be way worse. No combat for the rest of the game? Trying to think of ways to fix it. Something like a death trigger and exile but it loses the intended functionality. Maybe "cost, exile this: effect.". Might be a little safer at 2UU or 3UU. I'd kill this card or rework it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Batch Ooze - @Pygyzy has some good points. Graveyard exiling is a relatively minor, hosing effect that I'd be comfortable bleeding into red (burn the past!), especially at a relatively premium price. Ooze tribal seems fun.

Time Flies - Skipping phases is an interesting space, but yeah, blinking could make this unfun.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Odendin

I was thinking of an ooze cycle so the tribal theme works. The creature token is more green anyway. The original idea was that it was eating spells and creating waste but when I found 'Batch' it changed.

How about this for Time Flies
Time Flies can not enter the battlefield from exile.
Flash, flying
3/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Honestly for an elegant way to prevent blink abuse - "When this ETB, if you cast it..."
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Odendin wrote:
3 years ago
I was thinking of an ooze cycle so the tribal theme works. The creature token is more green anyway. The original idea was that it was eating spells and creating waste but when I found 'Batch' it changed.

How about this for Time Flies
Time Flies can not enter the battlefield from exile.
Flash, flying
3/1
Void nothing probably has it right

Time Flies 1UU
Creature — Insect Wizard (sorry had to)
Flash, flying
When Time Flies enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, target player skips the next phase of their turn.

I'd be totally ok with that. 3 mana is gonna make it competitive and pushed but with less potential for abuse. 1UU at mythic or 2UU rare imo. UUU or even could also work depending on what sorta set it's in.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”