Create-a-card: UBR uncommander.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

Made a UBR Un-commander deck but currently using a regular commander (nekusar). Since there's no UBR Un-legends I thought I'd make some and ask for designs as well.

Updated cards!

Baby Bolas 3UBR
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon Child
Flying
When ~ ETB, destroy all other Elder creatures and Dragon creatures.
You may cast ~ from your graveyard once per turn as long as no player controls any Elder creatures.
Reveal an Elder and/or Dragon card from your hand: Put Bolas into the absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever zone. Any opponent may activate this ability.
T: Ask an opponent a yes or no question about canon Magic: The Gathering lore. If you can prove their answer wrong within 30 seconds, using officially licensed WOTC product, put Bolas into your hand from anywhere. Activate this ability only if it makes sense.
"Is Yawgmoth alive? Did Venser have blue eyes?"
That oughta keep em busy. -MaRo
3.5/3.5

Mishra's cousin, Earl
Legendary Creature - Human Cousin
Cousin (As you cast this card, you may reveal any number of permanent cards from your hand with Mishra in their text. If you do, this card gains each of those card's text.)
UU, T: Target artifact creature you control becomes your choice of Mishra's War Machine or Mishra's Self-Replicator for as long as you control Earl.
BB, T: Target noncreature artifact you control becomes your choice of Mishra's Bauble or Mishra's Helix for as long as you control Earl.
RR, T: Target land you control becomes your choice of Mishra's Workshop or Mishra's Factory for as long as you control Earl.
"Remember the Soldevi? Me neither."
1.5/4.5

Drew Hairy 1UBR
Legendary Creature - Sasquatch Celebrity
Drew Hairy gets +.5/+.5 for each Treasure on the battlefield.
Whenever a Treasure leaves the battlefield, put two +.5/+.5 counter on Drew. These counters remain on Drew in all zones.
4: Look at the top card of your library. You may choose a creature type and reveal that card covering the art. Each opponent guesses how many creatures of that type are in that card's art. They can't choose the same number. You and the opponent who guessed closest without going over, both create a number of Treasure tokens equal to the number they guessed.
"You just won an all mana paid interplanar vacation to Segovia courtesy of Tez Air. Tez Air, Go Anywhere. And a new Juggernaut! Congratulations, would you like to say hi to Emrakul out there?"
2.5/2.5
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 56 times in total.

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Melvin and Vorthos are supposed to be different player types.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
"Opposite," in fact (although I'm both, and maybe all custom designers kinda are), and this effect feels like neither.

Price is Right Minigame Master is a spectacular and amazingly fun-sounding Un-commander concept but it needs the right flavor.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Ah, I was unaware of that thank you. I thought Melvin was the name for Vorthos like Johnny means combo. I will fix this soon.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
"Opposite," in fact (although I'm both, and maybe all custom designers kinda are), and this effect feels like neither.

Price is Right Minigame Master is a spectacular and amazingly fun-sounding Un-commander concept but it needs the right flavor.
Ya the name was just sorta tacked on due to my misunderstanding. I'll brainstorm ways to make it cohesive. Will fiddle with it once I find inspiration. Thanks.

Pygyzy

Baby Bolas 1UBR
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon Child
Flying
When ~ ETB, destroy all other Elder creatures.
You may cast ~ from your graveyard once per turn as long as no player controls any Elder creatures.
"Original cuteness."
3/3

Mishra's cousin Earl UBR
Legendary Creature - Human Cousin
UU, T: Target artifact creature you control becomes your choice of Mishra's War Machine or Mishra's Self-Replicator UEOT.
BB, T: Target noncreature artifact you control becomes your choice of Mishra's Bauble or Mishra's Helix UEOT.
RR, T: Target land you control becomes your choice of Mishra's Workshop or Mishra's Factory UEOT.
"Remember the Soldevi? Me neither."
2/2

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Drew Hairy UBR
Legendary Creature - Sasquatch Celebrity
4: Look at the top card of your library. You may choose a creature type and reveal that card covering the art. Each opponent guesses how many creatures of that type are in that card's art. You and each opponent who guessed closest without going over create a number of Treasure tokens equal to the number they guessed.
"Akroma, show them what they've won!"
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Baby Bolas - Actually fairly neat designwise, and feels like Bolas, but this is hardly an Un-card mechanically. Now, Unstable had some cards that were like that, but mostly they were "normal" cards to fill out the Limited like Target Minotaur rather than legends.

Mishra's Cousin Earl - HA! I love this one, with the only qualm I have being the time it takes to look up some of these card texts - Everyone knows what Mishra's Factory does but Mishra's War Machine is a bit more obscure. Also, this would be better if the changes were permanent rather than until end of turn; the land swaps are much less useful otherwise.

Drew Hairy - Snerk! There's our Price is Right legend. This is fun. P/T could be higher; not only is the real Drew Carey a retired Marine but this guy's a Sasquatch. Surely he can fight well!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Baby Bolas - Actually fairly neat designwise, and feels like Bolas, but this is hardly an Un-card mechanically. Now, Unstable had some cards that were like that, but mostly they were "normal" cards to fill out the Limited like Target Minotaur rather than legends.

Mishra's Cousin Earl - HA! I love this one, with the only qualm I have being the time it takes to look up some of these card texts - Everyone knows what Mishra's Factory does but Mishra's War Machine is a bit more obscure. Also, this would be better if the changes were permanent rather than until end of turn; the land swaps are much less useful otherwise.

Drew Hairy - Snerk! There's our Price is Right legend. This is fun. P/T could be higher; not only is the real Drew Carey a retired Marine but this guy's a Sasquatch. Surely he can fight well!
Wow thank you so much. This was extremely helpful and I ended up using all your feedback. My comments:

Baby Bolas- well he's definitely UN material now. I might have gone a little overboard although this feels like a Mythic Un-Bolas to me. It's too perfect. The card synergizes with books which we all know Bolas is a huge fan of. He has a built in safety valve in case he breaks things opponents can build against it. And that one player that just happens to have a random Elder (or changeling) is gonna have a fun moment.

It interacts with the ARFTFGFZ in the weirdest way possible. It causes some large rules headaches but I figure the golden silver-bordered rule (silver rule?) is just do whatever makes the most sense to you. And yes Frankie Peanuts is one of my favorite cards, why do you ask?

Earl- So I accidentally solved your problem with the Cousin mechanic. Now you wanna play Mishra cards so you'll actually be able to know what they do. It was completely unintentional. I just liked the text copy mechanic which it's based on and planned to just copy the text box but said why not everything. He's your cousin so he's part of you. I just realized it's amplify for text ha!

Drew Hairy - This is about as perfect as I can imagine but it was really difficult to get all the pieces to line up right and everyone who commented helped so thank you guys. It started with just, what can I do with art? Red is random, blue is skill, black is gain. How do those fit together? A game. A guessing game with art! What games do you guess about hidden things? Price is Right! And the idea of tormenting someone by counting the number of insects in Unyaro Bees is just too funny.

The new abilities I think solved the problem I had with the card that equal pay out didn't feel in color. Now it heavily weighs in your favor but with political power. Much better. Oh and he's a 2/2+ now at least as strong as a soldier.

Decimals are now a mechanic.

Those came out really good I can actually use those. Guess I'll come up with some more. Stay tuned.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”