Marit Lage as your commander?

ilovesaprolings
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

I was thinking about how doing Marit Lage as a legendary creature for commander.
My best answer was: don't. There is already a Marit Lage, it's a huge ass token and you have to work to free it.
So let's build around that!

Kungalix, Acolyte of the Brine 2UBR
Legendary creature - Goblin Shaman
Whenever a snow permanent enters the battlefield or leave the battlefield, put an ice counter on Kungalix.
T, Remove ten ice counters from Kungalix: Create Marit Lage, a legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with flying and indestructible.
Marit Lage tokens you control get +1/+1 and deal commander damage.
2/4

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

That's a sweet card, even when you factor in proliferate it seems arguably reasonable, plus Marit can still get pacified or unsummoned, so your deck would be more of a grixis good stuff which *eventually* uses Marit when you have one opponent left? I like it.

Here's another idea which is more flavour-based.

Convocation of Marit 3bbb
Legendary Creature - Minion Cleric
If Convocation of Marit is in your command zone at the beginning of the game, put your hand on top of your library, then your opponents search your library and reveal exactly seven cards. Put those cards into your hand and shuffle your library.
bbb, , Sacrifice all creatures you control: Create Marit Lage.
3/6

Designed to feel like a card from Ice Age, from where the Marit story begins - it Jester's Masks you, has that dark ritualesque colour density, silly stats and involves a ridiculous activation cost.

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

If you really want to do it you can play Golos->Dark Depths pretty easily :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”