Theros Inspired Commanders

Icarii
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Icarii » 4 years ago

Argana, the Granite Wood 3BG
Legendary Creature - Gorgon (M)
Deathtouch, menace
Other creatures you control with deathtouch have menace.
At the beginning of your second main phase, distribute X +1/+1 counters among any number of target creatures, where X is the total combat damage creatures you control dealt this turn.
2/4

Morgoth, Killer in the Maze 2RB
Legendary Creature - Minotaur (M)
Menace
Morgoth, Killer in the Maze gets +3/+3 if you control no other creatures.
Whenever one or more creatures attacks you, choose one at random. Morgoth deals damage equal to its power to the chosen creature.
2/3

Pagorgo, the Scar Eye 1RRGG
Legendary Creature - Cyclops (M)
Trample
Whenever Pagorgo, the Scar Eye deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice an artifact. If you do, each opponent sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.
Non creature artifacts you control have "Equip 1" and "Equipped creature gets +1/+1."
5/5

Silidran, Riddle Maker 4UB
Legendary Creature - Sphinx (M)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw two cards, then discard a card.
2: Choose a card from your hand. An opponent chooses a card type, then you reveal it. If the revealed card is the chosen type, discard it. Otherwise, each opponent discards a card. Activate this ability only during your turn.
4/6

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Argana - So that triggered ability obviously is the marquee part of this card and it's tremendously powerful, but at least this lady has to last until combat ends to get the benefit; since it still triggers no matter what Argana herself did that turn, though, it could easily blow out an opponent who doesn't have instant-speed removal on the turn you play it. I really like all the abilities here but maybe an "if THIS attacked this turn" clause would be appropriate?

Morgoth - Very flavorful to the original Asterion from the myths. A 5/6 that straight up eats attackers is a lot for four mana but loner is generally not an OP mechanic. Any particular reason why no "or a planeswalker you control" here? Slight name issue coming from another IP but proper names are easy to change.

Pagorgo - A neat card that I can't fully figure out the flavor of. Is Pagorgo helping your creatures wield Manaliths with his immense strength or is he a weaponsmith like the three OG Cyclopes who helped out Zeus? Either way it seems slightly unimpressive to have him pick up a Pithing Needle or Spellbook, lol.

Silidran - Definitely feels Sphinx-y. The activated ability seems interesting but time-consuming if you activate multiple times a turn. The triggered ability seems somewhat dangerous but hey, we've seen crazier draw abilities from this creature type alone.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Icarii

Post by Icarii » 4 years ago

Argana - That's a fair suggestion. She certainly is powerful when she works.
Morgoth - No reason, just error. Would change.
Pagorgo - Was trying to illustrate a cyclops pickings up big things and smashing them into people. So Maybe I should go back to my intiial idea of just allowing him to pick up artifacts. Maybe big artifacts.
Silidran - Good point on the time factor. Will consider alternatives.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”