Walt, Fabled Tour Guide

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Walt, Fabled Tour Guide
WR
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
2/3

2WR: Put an awed counter on target creature.
Creatures get +1/+1 for each awed counter on them.
At the beginning of your upkeep, gain control of each creature with an awed counter on it until end of turn. Those creatures gain haste until end of turn.
2: Move an awed counter from a creature you control onto another target creature. Any player may activate this ability.

"Thank you all for joining my tour today! Remember to tell your friends and families about me! Come again! Damn I'm amazing."

——————

Lore

Nothing magical really, just a very, very good tour guide. Maybe he works at Disney.

Mechanics

The temporary control aspect is obvious red, the white aspect is "unity and connection", how Walt's good reputation brings people in, forming a network of endless customers. Paying the tax is like saying, "Sorry, my wallet is a little tight this month, HOWEVER, I know someone else who might be interested." Either way, Walt's becoming more famous and arrogant after each transaction.

Gameplay

The universal ability to move awed counters around creates politics for the table. You can also put awed counters on your own creatures to beef them up or redistribute those counters later. Most people would probably rather move awed counters back to Walt than letting him control their creatures, which of course would make him bigger in the process. A trick would be blinking Walt during other people's combat so all awed counters lose their +1/+1 effect momentarily, causing lots of impromptu death.

Mimicvat
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Mimicvat » 4 years ago

Would add a "can't be sacrificed" clause to the creatures because custom commanders generally aren't allowed to be stax. Otherwise seems cool and I love cool boros effects. Would definitely be ok with it at my table
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

I would second the "can't be sacrificed" clause. Other than that, he seems pretty well designed to me. I'd be happy to play against him.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

I swear, there's something wrong with the site programing... I could post it in one forum then somehow appear on another. >_< I wonder if it's the cookie.

This is suppose to go to the custom card design, if moderator could move it for me. Pretty please?
Mimicvat wrote:
4 years ago
Would add a "can't be sacrificed" clause to the creatures because custom commanders generally aren't allowed to be stax. Otherwise seems cool and I love cool boros effects. Would definitely be ok with it at my table
Hm, I never knew that rule. Where did that come from?

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Moved to Custom Cards

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”