MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Ah yes, Scyrb Sprites + Unstable Mutation. I probably died to that the most out of anything playing the Microprose game back in the day. Still hurts lol

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/22/21 is Vedalken Shackles.

Fun with Rings of Brighthearth!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/23/21 is Buried Alive.

A combo enabler classic.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

A must have in any Commander RE-animator deck.

They really should make a good WBG reanimator commander that is either cheap or sturdy... Hmm...

I got nuthin'. :/
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/24/21 is Primal Empathy.

That is some nice clean internal synergy right there.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/26/21 is Isleback Spawn.

Pity about the shroud since the best way to make use of 16 toughness is probably with a p/t switch. Else there's Assault Formation or High Alert because this is very out of color for Doran, the Siege Tower and doesn't fit Arcades, the Strategist's requirement.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

I used to have it in a Commander mill focused deck together with another Kraken that enjoys filled graveyards: Wrexial, the Risen Deep, I had to stop using the deck though, because the other players in my playgroup really didn't like getting killed by their own spells.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/27/21 is Clockwork Beast.

The first of the "Clockwork" artifact creatures - the ones using +1/+1 counters are definitely an improvement in elegance.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

New Clockwork Beast 6
Artifact Creature - Beast (R)
New Clockwork Beast enters the battlefield with seven +1/+1 counters.
Whenever New Clockwork Beast attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on New Clockwork Beast.
0/0

Pretty much how it would look if designed today, and I agree, the new clockwork creatures are a vast improvement over the originals.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt

Post by folding_music » 2 years ago

agh I was writing an article about +1/+0 counters, I need to get back on that. This Beast guy didn't star but Clockwork Steed did because that card's original art is so wonderful <3

Clockwork Turtle
Artifact Creature - Turtle
Defender
Clockwork Turtle enters the battlefield with six charge counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a charge counter on Clockwork Turtle if it has less than six charge counters.
, Remove X charge counters from Clockwork Turtle: Clockwork Turtle deals X damage to target creature it's blocking.
0/6

reverse mode, cos I like walls

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/28/21 is Rites of Flourishing.

Two tremendously powerful effects stapled together on the relative cheap, balanced, of course, by your opponents getting at least one of them first.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/29/21 is Order of the Ebon Hand.

Total creature type oddness.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Indeed. It sure does seem like a Centaur. Pump knights were extremely efficient in their day. Early drop that could bluff through combat, pump out a victory behind removal, or simply hose white. And the art is cool.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Indeed. It sure does seem like a Centaur. Pump knights were extremely efficient in their day. Early drop that could bluff through combat, pump out a victory behind removal, or simply hose white. And the art is cool.
Now hold on, I hadn't realized it is indeed some sort of centaur until Legend pointed it out.

I had mistaken the shield on its left arm as the head of an extremely poorly drawn horse.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/1/21 is Nath's Elite.

Always loved lure effects and lure variants.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/2/21 is Fires of Yavimaya.

A true classic card that lent its name to an iconic deck.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/5/21 is Crippling Chill.

This one's nothing if not reprintable, at least.

folding_music

think I prefer Enervate and Fire // Ice... I suppose that creature only versions of that effect go straight to limited. and I still prefer restraining creatures templated to green, since blue can bounce things as its frankly more powerful analog to the ability!

Snow Sprinkle 2g
Snow Instant
Target creature doesn't untap during its controller's next two untap steps.
Draw a card.

^avoids using Tap target in a colour that no longer gets it. but tap single target effects are all over colourless trinkets already; maybe it shouldn't be that big a deal who gets the effect?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/7/21 is Kami of Lunacy.

There's something to be said for the kami's art direction.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/8/21 is Sapling of Colfenor.

God I loved the Lorwyn block story.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/9/21 is Mystic Snake.

Along with Absorb, an equally highly regarded card, this is part of a cycle with the lesser known Undermine and Suffocating Blast.

folding_music

my whole playgroup bought out those Apocalypse preconstructed decks for Suffocating Blast, lol. slight case of misassaying a card. but those decks had Whirlpool Warrior, too, so we won in the end.

Mystic Outgrowth 1guu
Creature - Plant
Flash
When Mystic Outgrowth enters the battlefield, counter target spell.
Protection from land
3/1

just a randomly opinionated update that'd let your green blue permission deck protect itself against Faceless Haven =P I strongly feel that this sort of card can't be played in the modern day if it just generates an abilityless bear

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/19/21 is Squealing Devil.

This card was so fascinatingly unusual at the time that it quickly became a pet card of mine. I still like the whole concept of nonblack creatures with fear (although that keyword was rightly done away with on new cards, don't get me wrong), the whole enhanced-spell-creature cycle in Dissension was really compelling to my Mel brain, and this was the first new creature with Devil on the typeline since, well, Stone-Throwing Devils.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/21/21 is Black Carriage.

Certainly not one of the best Lord of the Pit variants out there, but I love that the creature type is now Horse.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/22/21 is Gallantry.

The flavor text writing for the Weatherlight story moment cards in Tempest block? *chef's kiss*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”