Spark-Eater

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!
Pronoun: he / him

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Spark-Eater 3BBB
Artifact Creature - Demon
Imprint - When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target planeswalker.
Flying, haste
When ~ attacks, create a token that's a copy of the exiled planeswalker card, except the token isn't legendary.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, exile all tokens.
5/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Neat, situational enough to not be OP... definitely feels like it needs a U symbol in that mana cost.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

I dig it. Cost seems about right, though as [mention]void_nothing[/mention] mentioned, perhaps in need of ? (To me this is at least partially because of the fact that it can generate multiple token copies, I think.)
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

NUMBERS wrote:
4 years ago
I dig it. Cost seems about right, though as void_nothing mentioned, perhaps in need of ? (To me this is at least partially because of the fact that it can generate multiple token copies, I think.)
Definitely. If it only generated one token, then it would be more than acceptable in black because it would be analogous to reanimation. Generating multiple tokens is more like actually copying things, which requires blue.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Definitely. If it only generated one token, then it would be more than acceptable in black because it would be analogous to reanimation. Generating multiple tokens is more like actually copying things, which requires blue.
I almost think it would fit in even if it generated the tokens multiple times, but didn't drop the legendary clause. That'd be some neat flavor tied to a balancing mechanism.
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

v.2

Spark-Eater 2UUBB
Creature - Demon Sphinx
Imprint - When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target planeswalker.
Flying, haste
When ~ attacks, create a token that's a copy of the imprinted planeswalker card, except the token isn't legendary.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, exile all tokens.
4/7

Added blue to cast, increased color-weight
Dropped artifact from type, added Sphinx
Altered (Improved?) P/T in line with new, more stringent mana cost.

Megatog201

Post by Megatog201 » 4 years ago

Don't really care for the exile all tokens clause. Feels more like exile all tokens created by ~. Would be more correct. Exiling all saporling or soldier tokens for example doesn't feel like it fits the card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”