Looking to print my custom cards - Need some help!

Skunkweedy
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Skunkweedy » 4 years ago

I've been creating my own custom cards for about 2 years now just for fun. My friends and I have been playing with the cards in our edh games ( just printed on paper and put in a sleeve with land ). Now I want to go ahead and print some good / high quality versions of the cards for us to use ( and throw in my cube :D ). I've been doing some research and figured a few things out, like what paper I want to use etc... The one thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out what printer I should get. I plan on printing quite a lot ( playsets or 2 at least of each card ), and 300gsm seems to be what is recommended for card stock people are using. I've seen a few inkjet that seem to be good for printing on card stock , but not sure what I should be looking for besides whether it can handle the paper I plan on using. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Hey skunk. The printing game can be troublesome. It sounds like you're wanting to print these yourself but I highly recommend having a kinkos or the like do it. To clarify, I mean do it yourself at a printer place (they'll mess it up or deny you.)
warning issued for discussing printing of proxies-Motleyslayer. Proxy printing specific discussion removed
B O V I N E

Skunkweedy
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Skunkweedy » 4 years ago

Thanks for the response BOVINE! I've also looked into this method as well, I'd prefer to print my own onto card stock, mostly because from what I've seen, you get better resolution / finer details, and less texture to the print ( a buddy of mine ordered a couple proxy full art lands like these with the thin sticker/vinyl thing). If all else fails I would use this method, until I could figure out the printing on card stock aspect of it. Really my only issue is just figuring out what printer is right for the job. I may need to speak to someone at an office max or similar for some input on the printer. I'd also love to hear more about what your buddy has to say in regards to everything (printing on card stock, different techniques used etc...), feel free to inbox me if needed or just post it here more so for informational reasons if others find themselves in this post!

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Do not discuss counterfeiting techniques under any circumstances. - v_n
B O V I N E

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”