A Legend, a clone, and a scepter

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Fluxing Mimic u
Creature — Shapeshifter
u: This creature becomes a copy of target creature with one greater or lesser converted mana cost and gains this ability.

[1/1]

Propagation GUR
Legendary Creature — Incarnation
Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may create a token that's a copy of this creature that's tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker they control. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)
Tokens aren't legendary.

[4/4]

Scepter of Prosperity 3
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast your first spell each turn, each opponent draws a card.
Whenever an opponent casts their first spell each turn, draw a card.
When each player has seven or more cards in hand, exile this card.

Last edited by BOVINE 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
B O V I N E

Morpic_Tide
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Morpic_Tide » 4 years ago

I could see Propagation as White instead of Red. Reduces the cloning a bit, but also adds access to Populate and more synergistic Legendary tokens with Tolsimir Wolfblood and Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves, while excluding crazed degeneracy with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and the other recurrent Red cloners. White also has better equipment fetch for Kaldra.

Unless you're specifically wanting the degenerate Red cloning.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Scepter of Prosperity seems like it would incite inaction - not a play pattern you want to encourage.

Morpic_Tide

Post by Morpic_Tide » 4 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Scepter of Prosperity seems like it would incite inaction - not a play pattern you want to encourage.
No more than the Werewolf mechanic from the original Innistrad block does to the user, and it'd go excellently alongside to get a bit of a catch-22 where you get to draw if they're casting, but they have to cast two spells to turn off your Werewolves, and you have a bunch of turns you already don't want to cast so you can set your Werewolves off to begin with.

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Morpic_Tide wrote:
4 years ago
I could see Propagation as White instead of Red. Reduces the cloning a bit, but also adds access to Populate and more synergistic Legendary tokens with Tolsimir Wolfblood and Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves, while excluding crazed degeneracy with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and the other recurrent Red cloners. White also has better equipment fetch for Kaldra.

Unless you're specifically wanting the degenerate Red cloning.
Definitely not specifically wanting to be degenerate. No more than other available two card degeneracy anyway.
"Tokens aren't legendary." Feels like a red thing to me as does the fact that Propagation is about attacking. Ol' Kiki being Kiki :crazy:
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Certainly not! I was going for a generous mage king thing here. When spells are flying the kingdom (especially the king) prospers. The owner may default to inaction though. If that happened (it likely would) it would make the owner a target. I wanted to achieve more of a feeling of a prosperous time. Perhaps
"Whenever a player casts their first spell each turn, each other player draws a card."?
B O V I N E

Blinking Spirit

Post by Blinking Spirit » 4 years ago

These are all very inventive! Well done. I'm especially impressed with Fluxing Mimic. I'm not sure it's powerful, as such, but figuring out how to use it best is an intriguing puzzle.

I do think SecretInfiltrator has a point about Scepter of Prosperity. If you want it to convey prosperity, consider using your revised wording but dropping the "other": "Whenever a player casts their first spell each turn, each player draws a card."

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Blinking Spirit wrote:
4 years ago
These are all very inventive! Well done. I'm especially impressed with Fluxing Mimic. I'm not sure it's powerful, as such, but figuring out how to use it best is an intriguing puzzle.

I do think SecretInfiltrator has a point about Scepter of Prosperity. If you want it to convey prosperity, consider using your revised wording but dropping the "other": "Whenever a player casts their first spell each turn, each player draws a card."
It seems you found the perfect solution. Thank you.
B O V I N E

NUMBERS

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

Very interesting designs! I particularly like Propagation and the revised wording for the Scepter.
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”