Get A Clue: Ravenous Growth, Unhallowed Tiller, and Ravenous Beast

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

Ravenous Growth
G
Instant
Ravenous (You may cast this spell for its ravenous cost. If you do, sacrifice a permanent as you cast it.)

Target creature gets +2/+2. If you paid this cards Ravenous cost, it gets +4/+4 instead.
Unhallowed Tiller
1G
Creature - Human Horror
When Ravenous Tiller enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you search your library this way, shuffle it.
1/2
Ravenous Beast
G
Creature - Beast Horror
When Ravenous Beast deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, deal damage equal to Ravenous Beast's power to that player.
1/1
Original Version
Show
Hide
Ravenous Beast
G
Creature - Beast Horror
When Ravenous Beast deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, deal damage equal to its power to that player.
1/1
Last edited by NUMBERS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Rampant Growth is on the higher end of what is acceptable ramp giving a potential 1/2 is fairly insignificant but is still an upgrade. Its probably fine but you should watch out for other cards that you use this gimmick on.

Ravenous Beast, this is a disappointing uncommon. It's very small and even when you get its effect you aren't gaining an advantage. So you have to use a card to make it either unblockable or undesirably to be blocked; then you have to sacrifice another card to essentially gain double strike. Because the effect is essentially double strike I would also question the color.

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

That makes sense. Yeah, I definitely need to be careful with how far I push that gimmick. I debated putting it as a 2g 2/1, which might be safer.

The goal of Ravenous Beast was infect but... without infect. I suspect it does not succeed at that goal.

As always, thank you so much for the feedback!
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”