Mirror Gallery and how names of legends apply when you have multiples

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

How do you interpret names of legends when you have Mirror Gallery in play?

An example is Lu Xun, Scholar General saying "Whenever Lu Xun, Scholar General deals damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.".
What if I have 4 of then in play, do I get a trigger from each of the 4 for each other one, so in fact I'd draw 16 cards?
I suspect that it's supposed to read in terms as "this" instead of the name referencing everything else when it comes to this type of thing.

But if that is the case, would Márton Stromgald actually get the benefits from each other version.
So if you had 4 Márton Stromgald would they all get +12/+12?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
A card's name in its text is short for "this object"; legendary cards are no different than other ones in this respect.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

A card's name in its text is short for "this object"; legendary cards are no different than other ones in this respect.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”