Kiyomaro, First to Stand & Trample

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

If I have Kiyomaro, First to Stand and give him trample with a 7+ card hand, I assume he still only triggers once when trampling over a blocker or multi blocked?

I get that if he double strikes it would trigger twice but I figured I would ask about doing damage to multiple things. I assume it still only triggers once but wanted to verify.

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
Damage is dealt in combat only during the combat damage step(s). If something doesn't have first or double strike, it deals its combat damage only during the regular combat damage step. So only one instance of the triggered ability in this instance.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Damage is dealt in combat only during the combat damage step(s). If something doesn't have first or double strike, it deals its combat damage only during the regular combat damage step. So only one instance of the triggered ability in this instance.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”