Genesis Wave

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

Let's say I cast Genesis Wave and one of the permanents that is put into play is Eternal Witness and one of the cards that is put into the graveyard is Worldly Tutor. Can I target Worldly Tutor with Eternal Witness and put the tutor into my hand? It seems as if it should work that way.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 2 years ago
Yes, you can do that. E Wit's trigger only goes on the stack after Wave completely resolves and is off the stack since that is the next time State Based Actions would be checked which then means that any triggers waiting to go onto the stack go onto the stack. And you only choose targets when the trigger goes onto the stack. This also means you could grab Genesis Wave again if you wanted to "spin the wheel" again.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Yes, you can do that. E Wit's trigger only goes on the stack after Wave completely resolves and is off the stack since that is the next time State Based Actions would be checked which then means that any triggers waiting to go onto the stack go onto the stack. And you only choose targets when the trigger goes onto the stack. This also means you could grab Genesis Wave again if you wanted to "spin the wheel" again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”