Harmonic Prodigy + Cascade

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Harmonic Prodigy + The First Sliver + any changeling. Someone brought up the question of if the cards in hand / on stack would trigger two cascades or not in the case of casting a changeling with First Sliver and Prodigy in play. I guess if I was staging the question its if they are considered to be shaman / wizards at the point when you would be casting them. In my mind it seemed like it should work but I guess I should double check.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 2 years ago
While they are Wizards and Shamans in the stack, Prodigy only cares about permanents on the battlefield. You can tell because it just says "Wizard" and "Shaman". If it cared about cards/spells in other zones, it would say "Card" or "Spell". Just like The First Sliver does :)
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

While they are Wizards and Shamans in the stack, Prodigy only cares about permanents on the battlefield. You can tell because it just says "Wizard" and "Shaman". If it cared about cards/spells in other zones, it would say "Card" or "Spell". Just like The First Sliver does :)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Thanks, that is very unfortunate (for me) but good to know.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”