Apex Altisaur and fighting

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 2 years ago

Apex Altisaur fights Hunted Witness, can Apex fight the token created by Hunted Witness?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 2 years ago
No. When the Altisaur is dealt damage in the fight the Witness has not yet died because state-based actions aren't checked in the middle of an object's resolution, and you must choose a target (that is on the battlefield) when the enrage triggered ability is put on the stack. There is no token yet.
Go to full post
B O V I N E

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

No. When the Altisaur is dealt damage in the fight the Witness has not yet died because state-based actions aren't checked in the middle of an object's resolution, and you must choose a target (that is on the battlefield) when the enrage triggered ability is put on the stack. There is no token yet.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”