Tibalt in a Possibility Storm

Ardeyn
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ardeyn » 2 years ago

I guess I'm a bit unsure about the rules concerning MDFCs, so here's the question that came up recently:
There's a Possibility Storm on the field and I cast a creature. If I flip into Valki, God of Lies // Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor while resolving the Storm's ability, can I cast the Tibalt half of the card I flipped into for free?

Ardeyn

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 2 years ago
Yes, that works fine. You cast a creature and PS says "keep exiling until you find a creature". Which you did when you found Valki. Now, PS says "go ahead and cast *that card*" which then gives you permission to cast either side of the card. PS does not care about the resulting spell; it just cares that you found a card with the right card type and then allows you to cast it so the MDFC rules kick in to let you cast either side.
Go to full post
"A single spark of passion can change a man forever."

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Yes, that works fine. You cast a creature and PS says "keep exiling until you find a creature". Which you did when you found Valki. Now, PS says "go ahead and cast *that card*" which then gives you permission to cast either side of the card. PS does not care about the resulting spell; it just cares that you found a card with the right card type and then allows you to cast it so the MDFC rules kick in to let you cast either side.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”