Tormod + Journey to Eternity

narglfrob
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by narglfrob » 3 years ago

I have Tormod, the Desecrator and Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity in play.

Scenario 1:

Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity is enchanting a 3rd creature, and that creature dies. Journey triggers, returning Journey and that creature to the battlefield, how many zombies do I create? Note the wording "return it to the battlefield under your control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield"

Scenario 2:

Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity is enchanting Tormod, the Desecrator, who dies. Do I get a zombie when Tormod sees Journey return?

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 3 years ago
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
I have Tormod, the Desecrator and Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity in play.

Scenario 1:

Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity is enchanting a 3rd creature, and that creature dies. Journey triggers, returning Journey and that creature to the battlefield, how many zombies do I create? Note the wording "return it to the battlefield under your control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield"
Two. First you return the creature to the battlefield and trigger Tormod's ability. Then you return the transformed card to the battlefield and trigger Tormod's ability again. Once Journey's ability finishes resolving, you will have two triggered abilities to put on the stack in an order of your choosing.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Scenario 2:

Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity is enchanting Tormod, the Desecrator, who dies. Do I get a zombie when Tormod sees Journey return?
Yes. Tormod is on the battlefield under your control at the time you "return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control".
Go to full post

Argus
Answers: 53
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 3 years ago

narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago

Scenario 1:

Two. First you return the creature to the battlefield and trigger Tormod's ability. Then you return the transformed card to the battlefield and trigger Tormod's ability again. Once Journey's ability finishes resolving, you will have two triggered abilities to put on the stack in an order of your choosing.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Scenario 2:

Yes. Tormod is on the battlefield under your control at the time you "return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control".
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”