Veyran interaction with Aetherflux

Candlemane
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Candlemane » 3 years ago

Does Veyran, Voice of Duality interact with Aetherflux Reservoir? The creature only mentions instants or sorceries, but then mentions if it triggers a permanent. Aetherflux triggers on spells in general. I'm fairly certain that this interaction works, but I wanted to get other points of view on the matter.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 3 years ago
If Reservoir is triggering because an instant or sorcery is being cast, then Veyran will cause it to trigger twice. So, yes, it seems to work just fine. It doesn't matter if the trigger allows for a broader scope than Veyran looks for. As long as an Instant or Sorcery being cast causes something to trigger, Veyran will cause it to trigger an additional time.
Go to full post
Paper EDH

Tameshi, Reality Architect
Sapling of Colfenor
Feather the Redeemed
Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor
Thalia and Gitrog
Xryis, the Writhing Storm

WizardMN
Answers: 125

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

If Reservoir is triggering because an instant or sorcery is being cast, then Veyran will cause it to trigger twice. So, yes, it seems to work just fine. It doesn't matter if the trigger allows for a broader scope than Veyran looks for. As long as an Instant or Sorcery being cast causes something to trigger, Veyran will cause it to trigger an additional time.

Candlemane

Post by Candlemane » 3 years ago

Okay, thanks :D I thought so, but I've gotten this wrong before.
Paper EDH

Tameshi, Reality Architect
Sapling of Colfenor
Feather the Redeemed
Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor
Thalia and Gitrog
Xryis, the Writhing Storm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”