Cosmic Intervention and Rest in Peace

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

I am fairly sure I'm reading this right but, it looks like Cosmic Intervention creates a replacement effect you could choose to apply instead of Rest in Peace.

So if you had a bunch of creatures who were going to die with RIP out, you could cast Cosmic Intervention which would exile them and then return them at the end step

Just wanted to check to see if there's a corner case on replacement effects I'm not aware of. Thanks!

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 3 years ago
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
I am fairly sure I'm reading this right but, it looks like Cosmic Intervention creates a replacement effect you could choose to apply instead of Rest in Peace.

So if you had a bunch of creatures who were going to die with RIP out, you could cast Cosmic Intervention which would exile them and then return them at the end step
Yes.
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Just wanted to check to see if there's a corner case on replacement effects I'm not aware of. Thanks!
Rule 616 (Interaction of Replacement and/or Prevention Effects) has corner cases for self-replacement effects, control-change effects, and copy effects. None of those matters for this interaction.
Go to full post

Argus
Answers: 53
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 3 years ago

pokken wrote:
3 years ago

Yes.
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Rule 616 (Interaction of Replacement and/or Prevention Effects) has corner cases for self-replacement effects, control-change effects, and copy effects. None of those matters for this interaction.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”