Toshiro Umezawa Questions

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

I have a few questions pertaining to Toshiro Umezawa:

1) Deadly Rollick - If Toshiro Umezawa is my commander can I cast it from my graveyard without paying its mana cost with his ability? I think..... so but just looking for someone to verify.

2) I am completely confused by Seize the Soul. When you cast it the first time it haunts which I get. When the haunt trigger happens does it go to the graveyard afterwards or is it still in exile? I was curious if I could cast it again with Toshiro and I understand that Toshiro casting it a second time would exile it and stop the haunt loop but I don't know if the card stays in exile as part of haunt.

Accepted Answer

by peteroupc » 3 years ago
1. Yes, you may cast Deadly Rollick without paying its mana cost, no matter where you cast it from, as long as you control a commander (it's a similar way with Massacre, for example). Note that the commander in question can be any player's commander, not just yours.

2. After Seize the Soul is exiled haunting a creature, Seize the Soul isn't moved elsewhere merely because the creature it haunts dies or otherwise leaves the battlefield, since nothing in Seize the Soul or haunt says to move Seize the Soul elsewhere this way (review C.R. 702.54b; see also this thread and this thread).
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

peteroupc
Answers: 31
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by peteroupc » 3 years ago

1. Yes, you may cast Deadly Rollick without paying its mana cost, no matter where you cast it from, as long as you control a commander (it's a similar way with Massacre, for example). Note that the commander in question can be any player's commander, not just yours.

2. After Seize the Soul is exiled haunting a creature, Seize the Soul isn't moved elsewhere merely because the creature it haunts dies or otherwise leaves the battlefield, since nothing in Seize the Soul or haunt says to move Seize the Soul elsewhere this way (review C.R. 702.54b; see also this thread and this thread).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”