Ardenn's ability

RogHimself
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RogHimself » 3 years ago

Little question about the following situation.

I have an Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist on board and choose to attach an aura (let's say Vow of Flight) with Ardenn's ability, at the beginning of combat, on my own creature. This Vow of Flight is attached to a different creature at the time of activating the ability.

An opponent decides to remove the new target that I specified to attach the aura to.

Does the aura stay on the initial creature? Or is send to the graveyard because the new target is removed?

Thanks a bunch!

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 3 years ago
You must use card tags. Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist.

Any Auras and Equipment that would otherwise have been moved stay where they are if the target of Ardenn's ability leaves the battlefield before resolution, because the ability fails to resolve - fizzles. In fact, you don't choose WHAT to move until the ability resolves, as the Auras and Equipment are not targeted.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

You must use card tags. Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist.

Any Auras and Equipment that would otherwise have been moved stay where they are if the target of Ardenn's ability leaves the battlefield before resolution, because the ability fails to resolve - fizzles. In fact, you don't choose WHAT to move until the ability resolves, as the Auras and Equipment are not targeted.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”