Animate Dead and comes into play trigger.

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

If I have Trove Warden and exile both Animate Dead and a land with the landfall triggers, when Trove Warden dies will I get a landfall trigger if I use the Animate Dead on the Trove Warden and with the land it had exiled coming into play?

I know if a landfall creature and land come into play at the same time then it will trigger the landfall, but I'm not sure about the timing of Animate Dead and the such with it's own ETB happening.

Accepted Answer

by Mookie » 3 years ago
No, you won't. Trove Warden will return both the land and Animate Dead at the same time as part of its triggered ability. Then, when Animate Dead enters the ability, its ability to return Trove Warden to the battlefield will go on the stack. When that resolves, Trove Warden will return to the battlefield. However, the land already entered the battlefield, so Trove Warden won't trigger.
Go to full post

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

No, you won't. Trove Warden will return both the land and Animate Dead at the same time as part of its triggered ability. Then, when Animate Dead enters the ability, its ability to return Trove Warden to the battlefield will go on the stack. When that resolves, Trove Warden will return to the battlefield. However, the land already entered the battlefield, so Trove Warden won't trigger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”