Anowan question

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

Anowon, the Ruin Thief
2UB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Rogue
Other Rogues you control get +1/+1.

Whenever one or more Rogues you control deal combat damage to a player, that player mills a card for each 1 damage dealt to them. If the player mills at least one creature card this way, you draw a card. (To mill a card, a player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard.)

---

So if I attack with 3 rogues, does the effect trigger 3 separate times, check for a creature mill each time, and potentially draw up to 3 cards? I do not understand the "one or more" part. Normally they would word it: Whenever a rogue deals combat damage to a player XXX.

Accepted Answer

by FenrirRex » 3 years ago
"One or more" means it's only checking once, for one card drawn, regardless of how many creatures are attacking. The operative phrase here is also "to a player," so what the ability is checking is A.) How many players are being attacked by rogues, and B.) How many of those rogues are connecting to determine how much is being milled.

You'll still only draw one card per player who mills a creature, but will draw multiple cards if you're attacking multiple players who mill creatures (one card per player, per successful creature mill).
Go to full post
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

FenrirRex
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FenrirRex » 3 years ago

"One or more" means it's only checking once, for one card drawn, regardless of how many creatures are attacking. The operative phrase here is also "to a player," so what the ability is checking is A.) How many players are being attacked by rogues, and B.) How many of those rogues are connecting to determine how much is being milled.

You'll still only draw one card per player who mills a creature, but will draw multiple cards if you're attacking multiple players who mill creatures (one card per player, per successful creature mill).

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

Ohhh I see, it was worded that way to check for multiple players. Thanks!
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”