Skybind exiling lands

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

I've had this card in my collection for years, but have never bothered to play with it and thus never thought its text through. I searched "Skybind" and got 0 results, so beg pardon if it's a frequent type of question even if not using this exact card.

So, I cast Skybind and choose to exile one of the lands I tapped to pay for its mana cost with the constellation trigger. Then, I cast another enchantment and exile another one of my tapped lands with this second constellation trigger. Two questions:

1) at the beginning of the next end step will my lands return to play under my control even if Skybind was somehow removed from play before the beginning of the next end step, or does the trigger require that Skybind still be on the battlefield?

2) when a tapped permanent is exiled with Skybind (in this case one of my lands) will it return to play untapped assuming it doesn't have "~ enters the battlefield tapped" text?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 3 years ago
1) Permanents exiled with this effect and similarly worded "blink" effects will return to the battlefield regardless of what happens to the effect's source. There is a delayed triggered ability here that triggers at the beginning of the next end step.

2) Normally permanents enter untapped regardless of status upon exile because they reenter as a new object.
Go to full post
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

1) Permanents exiled with this effect and similarly worded "blink" effects will return to the battlefield regardless of what happens to the effect's source. There is a delayed triggered ability here that triggers at the beginning of the next end step.

2) Normally permanents enter untapped regardless of status upon exile because they reenter as a new object.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

Excellent, thank you for the timely answer.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”