Mutate with Equilibrium and Cloudstone Curio

kraus911
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kraus911 » 3 years ago

I think I understand this, but want to check! When I cast a creature for its mutate cost, say Illuna, Apex of Wishes , targeting a Birds of Paradise for example, if I have Cloudstone Curio out I can't bounce another creature to my hand because Illuna isn't a creature entering the battlefield correct? But if I have Equilibrium out I can activate it and bounce a creature because mutating Illuna still counts as "casting" the creature?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 3 years ago
Correct. A mutating creature spell is just that - a creature spell - but when it resolves it doesn't enter the battlefield as a creature but merges with an existing creature.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Correct. A mutating creature spell is just that - a creature spell - but when it resolves it doesn't enter the battlefield as a creature but merges with an existing creature.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”