Manascape Refractor Question

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

If I have a Manascape Refractor in hand and a land with cycling in play, does my Manascape Refractor have the ability to cycle from hand?

I don't know if it has those abilities when in places other than in play I guess is my issue. I also don't know if cycling is classified as an activated ability or not...

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 3 years ago
Cycling is an activated ability, but abilities function only on the battlefield unless otherwise stated - Manascape Refractor only gains activated abilities whilst it is on the battlefield, and cycling cannot be activated on the battlefield.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Cycling is an activated ability, but abilities function only on the battlefield unless otherwise stated - Manascape Refractor only gains activated abilities whilst it is on the battlefield, and cycling cannot be activated on the battlefield.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”