Luminous broodmoth and undying or persist

densePenguin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by densePenguin » 4 years ago

Hello everyone

let's say I have a luminous broodmoth, a sac outlet such as viscera seer and a card with undying or persist such as kitchen finks

If my understanding is correct, I can sac kitchen finks, and can then choose to put the persist trigger above the luminous broodmoth trigger on the stack. kitchen finks then would come back with a -1/-1 counter and no flying counter. Then I can sac finks again this time only triggering luminous broodmoth. kitchen finks then comes back with a flying counter and no -1/-1 counter. this can be repeated for infinite life and scry

Is my understanding of this interaction correct?

thank you

Accepted Answer

by Mookie » 4 years ago
This understanding is correct.

When Kitchen Finks dies for the first time (with no counters on it), you'll have two triggered abilities go on the stack: Persist and Luminous Broodmoth's recursion ability. Either way, Finks will return to the battlefield with a counter on it, depending on which trigger you decide to resolve first. If you sacrifice Finks again, either a -1/-1 or flying counter is missing, so the ability you didn't choose will trigger and return Finks to the battlefield again.
Go to full post

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This understanding is correct.

When Kitchen Finks dies for the first time (with no counters on it), you'll have two triggered abilities go on the stack: Persist and Luminous Broodmoth's recursion ability. Either way, Finks will return to the battlefield with a counter on it, depending on which trigger you decide to resolve first. If you sacrifice Finks again, either a -1/-1 or flying counter is missing, so the ability you didn't choose will trigger and return Finks to the battlefield again.

densePenguin

Post by densePenguin » 4 years ago

Thank you!

DementedKirby
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DementedKirby » 4 years ago

Sorry to hijack the thread, but would this same process also work with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed?
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

DementedKirby wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry to hijack the thread, but would this same process also work with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed?
Yes. Persist and undying are effectively interchangeable here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”