Dream Halls and trigger timing

Settemio
Triviamonger
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Settemio » 4 years ago

If there is a Dream Halls out and I control a Pyromancer Ascension, can I discard Shock to cast another Shock and trigger the first ability of Ascension, adding a quest counter?

With Dream Halls and Harness the Storm and two Shocks, can I cast both by discarding one to pay for the other and then targeting the one I discarded with Harness the Storm's trigger?

If I discard a Vengevine to pay the cost of my second creature spell, does it trigger?

If I discard a Verdant Eidolon to pay a multicolored spell's cost, does it trigger?

Accepted Answer

by user_938036 » 4 years ago
Yes to all of these. As the final part of casting your spell you discard a card via Dream Halls. Then any triggered abilities that care about casting a spell trigger. The card is already in your graveyard so it itself can see you just cast a spell and any abilities that triggered can see it in the graveyard as they are put on the stack.

Obviously for harness the storm you still have to pay for the shock cast from the graveyard.
Go to full post

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Yes to all of these. As the final part of casting your spell you discard a card via Dream Halls. Then any triggered abilities that care about casting a spell trigger. The card is already in your graveyard so it itself can see you just cast a spell and any abilities that triggered can see it in the graveyard as they are put on the stack.

Obviously for harness the storm you still have to pay for the shock cast from the graveyard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”