devotion clause on God cards in various zones

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

Can I search for Nylea, Keen-eyed with a Natural Order when my devotion to green is less than five? What happens when Thassa, Deep-dwelling is the top card of my graveyard and I cast Volrath's Shapeshifter with no other non-land permanents in play, making my devotion to blue just two? thanks!

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
Theros Gods' devotion check abilities are ordinary static abilities, not CDAs. They function only on the battlefield. The Gods are creature cards, always, everywhere else.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Theros Gods' devotion check abilities are ordinary static abilities, not CDAs. They function only on the battlefield. The Gods are creature cards, always, everywhere else.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

FetalTadpole
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FetalTadpole » 4 years ago

Note that in your example your devotion to blue is one, not two. This is because Shapeshifter is a copy of Thassa, who contributes just 1 to devotion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”