Marit Lage question

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, I have a Marit Lage's slumber in play... cast an arcum's astrolabe.. can I scry first using slumber ability, before drawing from astrolabe ability?

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 4 years ago
The Fluff wrote: Hi, I have a Marit Lage's slumber in play... cast an arcum's astrolabe.. can I scry first using slumber ability, before drawing from astrolabe ability?
Yes. You control both abilities, so you choose the order in which they are placed on the stack, which in turn determines the order in which they resolve.
603.3b If multiple abilities have triggered since the last time a player received priority, each player, in APNAP order, puts triggered abilities they control on the stack in any order they choose. (See rule 101.4.) Then the game once again checks for and resolves state-based actions until none are performed, then abilities that triggered during this process go on the stack. This process repeats until no new state-based actions are performed and no abilities trigger. Then the appropriate player gets priority.
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Argus
Answers: 52
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote: Hi, I have a Marit Lage's slumber in play... cast an arcum's astrolabe.. can I scry first using slumber ability, before drawing from astrolabe ability?
Yes. You control both abilities, so you choose the order in which they are placed on the stack, which in turn determines the order in which they resolve.
603.3b If multiple abilities have triggered since the last time a player received priority, each player, in APNAP order, puts triggered abilities they control on the stack in any order they choose. (See rule 101.4.) Then the game once again checks for and resolves state-based actions until none are performed, then abilities that triggered during this process go on the stack. This process repeats until no new state-based actions are performed and no abilities trigger. Then the appropriate player gets priority.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

ah, thanks. The cards belong to a deck that I will bring to fnm's, so knowing that helps a lot. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”