Heliod Feeder question

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, if I have a Heliod Sun-Crowned in play. Then cast spike feeder. I sac feeder using it's own ability and start to do the infinite life combo with heliod. Can the opponent interrupt the combo by path to exile or fatal push the feeder?

edit: yes, I mean remove a counter from the feeder, not sac it :)

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 4 years ago
I assume you mean you remove a counter, not sac it.

But yes, they can. Since Feeder only has two counters on it normally, after you remove the first they can respond to that to remove the Feeder before you gain life. Or, they can respond to Heliod's trigger to put a counter onto Feeder. Since there will only be 1 counter on it at that point, you won't be able to activate Feeder again without it dying.
Go to full post
Last edited by The Fluff 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WizardMN
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I assume you mean you remove a counter, not sac it.

But yes, they can. Since Feeder only has two counters on it normally, after you remove the first they can respond to that to remove the Feeder before you gain life. Or, they can respond to Heliod's trigger to put a counter onto Feeder. Since there will only be 1 counter on it at that point, you won't be able to activate Feeder again without it dying.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

yes, I mean remove counter. edited post.

And thanks for the clarification.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”