Knight of the Reliquary

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, just starting to test my Knight of the Reliquary + retreat to coralhelm combo deck.

a few questions:

1, Can I choose to not pass priority, and keep tap + untap my knight, then pass priority only when the knight is the size that I wanted it to be? For example, I pass priority only after it's 18/18?

2. If someone points removal at my knight, can I tap the knight to get a sejiri steppe to survive the removal?

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 4 years ago
The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
1, Can I choose to not pass priority, and keep tap + untap my knight, then pass priority only when the knight is the size that I wanted it to be? For example, I pass priority only after it's 18/18?
You will have to pass priority for the ability of Retreat to Coralhelm to resolve and untap your Knight. Also, to get more land onto the battlefield, you would need to pass priority to let the ability of the Knight resolve.
117.4. If all players pass in succession (that is, if all players pass without taking any actions in between passing), the spell or ability on top of the stack resolves or, if the stack is empty, the phase or step ends.
The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
2. If someone points removal at my knight, can I tap the knight to get a sejiri steppe to survive the removal?
Yes.
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Argus
Answers: 53
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
You will have to pass priority for the ability of Retreat to Coralhelm to resolve and untap your Knight. Also, to get more land onto the battlefield, you would need to pass priority to let the ability of the Knight resolve.
117.4. If all players pass in succession (that is, if all players pass without taking any actions in between passing), the spell or ability on top of the stack resolves or, if the stack is empty, the phase or step ends.
The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Yes.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

ok, thanks for the clarification. More clear to me now. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”